Does P90X3 really work?
Tony Horton is the trainer and creator of the P90X3 workout.
Tony has had huge success with workouts like 10 Minute Trainer, Power 90, P90X, P90X2, and a few other workouts that he has made with Beachbody.
Needless to say,Tony Horton knows what he is doing when it comes to getting people amazing workout results.
Of all the workouts, 10 Minute Trainer was the shortest workout program Tony has ever created. Although ever workout was only 10 minutes, it was highly recommended that you do 3 workouts a day to get the best results… making it 30 minutes.
Since then, recent research is starting to show that short and intense workouts can be just as good and better than 1 hour workouts.
The first Beachbody workout to focus on short and intense workouts was Focus T25, created by Shaun T. Where ever workout is only 25 minutes.
Now, Tony Horton takes all the knowledge of the past and current research to bring you a complete 30 minute workout, P90X3.
In this does P90X3 really work post, we look at:
- The results from the P90X3 Test Group.
- Who the P90X3 workout is for.
- And 15 Facts about Beachbody’s P90X3 workout.
Does P90X3 Really Work? Let’s Check Out the Test Group Results
There’s no better way to answer does P90X3 really work than by looking at the type of results people have gotten by doing P90X3.
In the video below, Tony Horton talks about the P90X3 workout results and why he thinks they got such amazing results.
Here are a few of the P90X3 workout participants and their results:
I think the results were amazing with P90X3. Think about it… 39 out of 40 people had at least 10% fat loss!!!
Not even Focus T25 can make that claim. And I honestly believe it’s because Tony Horton is all about creating a well rounded workout that works on every part of your body.
Shaun T’s Focus T25 is a great cardio workout that will help you lose weight, but it sticks more to cardio than strengthening your muscles with added resistance from additional equipment.
As a side note, Tony mentions in another video that not even P90X nor P90X2 got such amazing results as P90X3 did with their Test Group
Who Is P90X3 For?- Does P90X3 Really Work?
Do Not get confused with the 3 at the end of P90X3!
What we should be asking is does P90X3 really work for everyone? Why is that?… Because not everyone can do P90X3…
Yes, P90X3 offers a modifier but it can be difficult to follow the modifier because
- The moves go fast and the modifier isn’t always shown.
- Tony doesn’t have enough time to explain the modified move.
- The modifier doesn’t always stick to only doing modified moves. Sometimes the modifier will do a advance move or the regular move without demonstrating the modified move.
It’s therefore recommend it to at least pass the P90X Fit Test before attempting P90X3.
While other P90X3 reviews will tell you that anyone can do P90X3, that is not the case.
Yes, you can attempt P90X3 and over time you will get better at it but I wouldn’t want you to get discouraged at not being able to do several moves back to back.
The original P90X does a much better job at showing and describing how to modify ever move.
Who is the Beachbody P90X3 workout for?
- For anyone that only has 30 minutes to workout.
- For anyone looking for a well rounded, total body workout.
- For the advanced workout pro looking to maintain their body or looking for a quick workout.
- For anyone looking to get P90X results in only 30 minutes.
- For anyone looking for a challenging 30 minute workout!
15 Facts About P90X3- Does P90X3 Really Work?
We have answered the “Does P90X3 really work?” question and will now check out a few quick facts about the Beachbody P90X3 workout.
1. All workouts are only 30 minutes long.
2. P90X3 is NOT a follow up to P90X2. P90X3 is in it’s own class of workout programs, not a harder version of P90X2 nor P90X.
3. P90X3 is a alternative to P90X. You’ll get P90X results in only 30 minutes a day.
4. The nutrition/meal plan goes back to nutrition basics of Power 90 and healthy eating.
5. There are 16 workouts in the P90X3 Base Workout System.
6. The P90X3 Deluxe package includes 4 extra routines for a total of 20- 30 minute workouts!
7. P90X3 includes a large variation of new types of workouts:
- An all new Isometrics workout (A New Strength/Balance/Flexibility workout with Static Holds)
- CVX, Cardiovascular Extreme (a Cardio workout with weights)
- MMX – Mixed Martial Arts Extreme
- Balance and Coordination
8. There are 4 schedules in X3: Classic, Lean, Doubles, and Bulk
9. 39 out of 40 people in the Test Group lost 10% of their body fat percent
10. If you’ve done P90X or P90X2, you’ll see similar moves and all new stuff too.
11. Optional, but recommended, equipment includes: weights or bands and a pull-up bar.
12. P90X3 includes the following intensities: Beginner Modified, Intermediate, and Challenging/Hard.
13. The X3 workout is based on science that suggests the first 30 minutes is the most effective part of any exercise routine. So, Tony Horton Accelerated the workouts to create the most effective 30 minute workout routines.
14. The new Ab Moves are athletic in nature, some are standing up and many are front facing instead of being on your back.
15. P90X3 will be available December 10, 2013 and it is expected to SELL OUT…
By looking over the test group results, we were able to answer “does P90X3 really work?”
And honestly, I expect people to get more results with P90X3 than with Focus T25 because Tony Horton always creates a well rounded program that makes great use of easy to use additional equipment like dumbbells and a pull up bar to produce a leaner body.
Don’t get me wrong, Focus T25 is a great cardio based workout program. I just love P90X better because of how well rounded the program is.
If you know someone that also loves P90X or is short on time and wants to start working out with a well rounded workout program, then P90X3 will be for them.
Feel free to contact me with any questions!
Have a great day and I can’t wait to see what kind of results you will get with P90X3.
Work With Me – Leaders Only
P.S. If you are looking for a way to increase your fitness, nutrition, social, and even occupational wellness, be sure to start with a FREE Team Beachbody Account and you will get support, motivation, and gain access to free tools to keep you on track with your wellness goals.
Additional P90X3 Resources