Focus T25 vs P90X3!!!
Focus T25 and P90X3 are two whole new workouts from Beachbody that work on research that has determined that short and intense workouts get just as good and often better results than one hour workouts.
Personally, I didn’t believe what people were saying until I looked for the research myself.
In my 30 minute workout routine research, I found that different researchers have been able to validate the benefits of short workouts since 2006!
What surprised me the most was that short and intense workouts often offered better results than one hour of moderate exercise. Often both in lean muscle gains and in weight loss.
While Beachbody did create short workouts in the past with 10 Minute Trainer, it wasn’t until 2013 that Beachbody has started to focus on intense 30 minute workouts.
As of now, there are two intense workouts, Focus T25 and P90X3.
In this post we will compare Focus T25 vs P90X3 by going over
- What is Focus T25?
- What is P90X3?
- Side by Side comparison of P90X3 vs Focus T25.
- And deciding which is the best one for you.
What is Focus T25?- Focus T25 vs P90X3 Workout
Focus T25 is first up in our Focus T25 vs P90X3 comparison.
Shaun T is the creator of the Focus T25 workout.
If you haven’t heard of Shaun T yet, then you may have heard of his other workouts: Insanity, Insanity: The Asylum, Hop Hop Abs, and Rockin’ Body.
Needless to say, Shaun T has been helping people get fit and healthy for some time.
Shaun T is a great encourager and many of his workouts are cardio based.
Shaun T created Focus T25 not to be Insanity 2 or to be more difficult than Insanity.
Instead, Focus T25 is designed to be done by anyone who needs a intense and short cardio workout.
- For the beginner, who doesn’t have much time to workout, there is a modifier.
- For the intermediate, who hasn’t worked out consistently, you can follow the regular moves to get great results.
- For the advance, who doesn’t always have time for long workouts, this is a great workout to maintain your workout results.
To get an amazing workout, all you need to do is FOCUS for 25 minutes… and to keep pushing yourself.
Focus T25 offers no breaks but Shaun T will change the muscle group that you’re focusing on so that your muscles take turns working out.
For example, you may do squats for a minute and then move onto running in place or hitting the ground to do push ups.
Overall, Focus T25 is a short and intense cardio workout that’s suited best for the beginner and intermediate workout enthusiast.
Here are a few quick facts about Shaun T’s Focus T25 workout:
- 25 minutes a day, 5 days a week
- 10 week fitness program
- Modifier for every workout
- Uses very little equipment (resistance band included or you can use dumbbells)
- 1 workout schedule
- Advancement Opportunity – Can order Focus T25 Gamma Phase to further challenge yourself for another 5 weeks of 25 minute workouts!
What is P90X3?- Focus T25 vs P90X3 Workout
In this Focus T25 vs P90X3 workout review, I’m working hard not to show favoritism because both are great programs.
I loved how fast I was able to lose weight with Insanity but also loved the body definition I was able to get with P90X. And would expect Focus T25 and P90X3 to be similar on how they get workout results.
As you could have guessed, Tony Horton is the creator of P90X3.
The best part about Tony Horton is that he focuses on your whole body and does not limit himself to only cardio or body resistance moves.
Instead Tony Horton works on your cardio, your upper body strength, your core, your flexibility, and your balance.
Tony Horton always wants to improve your physical performance in your every day life. Rather you’re a parent or a mountain climber.
But, Tony Horton’s workout programs offer different results than Shaun T’s because Tony makes use of extra equipment, whereas Shaun T works more with your own body weight.
Like P90X, P90X3 will make use of the following equipment:
- Dumbbells or Resistance Bands
- Pull up bar or Resistance Bands with a Door attachment
Tony Horton did his hardest to make sure that P90X3 will deliver P90X results in only 30 minutes a day because he realized that many people want to do P90X but don’t have the time to commit to a full hour of working out for 6 days a week.
It’s important to note in this P90X3 vs Focus T25 review that like Focus T25 is NOT a sequel to Insanity, P90X3 is NOT a sequel to P90X2 nor P90X… Meaning you don’t need to have done neither P90X nor P90X2 to do P90X3.
Additionally, P90X3 offers whole new workouts that were never introduced in P90X nor P90X2, such as:
- Isometrics which works on strength, balance, and flexibility with static holds.
- CVX: Cardiovascular Extreme. A Cardio workout with weights.
- MMX: Mixed Martial Arts Extreme.
- New Ab moves that are athletic in nature. Some are standing up and many are front facing instead of being on your back
Here a few quick facts about Tony Horton’s P90X3 workout:
- 30 minutes a day.
- 90 day fitness program.
- 16 workouts in the Base Kit. 20 in the Deluxe.
- 4 workout schedules: Classic, Lean, Doubles, Bulk
- 39 out of 40 people in the P90X3 Test group lost 10% of their body fat %. Not even P90X had such great comparable results.
Focus T25 vs P90X3 Comparison Table
Here’s a quick Focus T25 vs P90X3 comparison table to see a few differences and commonalities.
|Fitness Instructor||Shaun T||Tony Horton|
|Length of Program||10 weeks||90 days|
|Avg. Workout time||25 minutes every workout||30 minutes every workout|
|# of Workout DVDs||11 workouts||16 workouts|
|Style of Workouts||High Intensity, non-stop||High Intensity, non-stop|
|Workout Schedule||5 days a week, optional 1 rest/stretch day||6 days a week, optional 1 rest/stretch day|
|Minimum Equipment Needed||Resistance band (included) or Dumbbells||
|Additional Recommended Equipment|
|Bonus Workouts from this Site||
|Price||Order Focus T25 for $119.85||Order P90X3 for $119.85
Focus T25 versus P90X3: Which Is Best For You?
When you compare P90X3 vs Focus T25, it’s important to remember that both will get you amazing results.
Both are great programs and both will help you meet your fitness goals.
What’s most important is determining how you want to achieve your fitness goals..
Focus T25 is great for:
- Short and Quick cardio workouts.
- If you want a workout requiring little to no equipment.
- For the beginner.
- And I would argue it’s better for beginners and for those who may workout every now and then.
After completing both P90X and Insanity, I don’t feel that Focus T25 will deliver the intensity needed for someone who works out regularly.
For those who workout every day, Focus T25 would make a good warm or something to do when you can’t workout for a full hour.
P90X3 is great for:
- A total body workout because it’s not just cardio based.
- Perfect for those who want to grow into more difficult moves.
- And I would argue the best well rounded program of the two.
While I love the quick Focus T25 cardio workout, I love the extra benefit of P90X3 with the addition of the dumbbells and the pull up bar.
I can see why P90X3 was able to get such amazing results with their test group because of the speed needed to keep up and the addition of workout equipment.
Personally, I would highly recommend P90X3 over Focus T25 because X3 is a total body workout that offers more options.
Now, it’s time for you to decide… This Focus T25 vs P90X3 workout review offered the best information possible to help you figure out which is best for you.
To Buy Focus T25, click the image below:
To Buy P90X3, click on the image below:
Feel free to contact me with any questions. Or look around for more information on P90X3, Focus T25 and other popular home workouts.
Have a great day!
Work With Me – Leaders Only
P.S. If you are looking for a way to increase your fitness, nutrition, social, and even occupational wellness, be sure to start with a FREE Team Beachbody Account and you will get support, motivation, and gain access to free tools to keep you on track with your wellness goals.