You’ve probably done one of the many great workout programs that Beachbody offers and are wondering how to become a Beachbody Coach? Or maybe you’ve heard of the amazing Beachbody business opportunity and are looking for how to become a Beachbody Coach so that you can grow your own business from home.
Another reason you may want to know how to become a Beachbody Coach could be that you want to save money on Beachbody products like Shakeology, P90X, P90X3, Insanity, Insanity: MAX 30, 21 Day Fix, and many more quality workouts and supplements.
Whatever your reason for wanting to become a Beachbody Coach, we can all agree that you want to know more about becoming a Beachbody Coach. Here you’ll find the most comprehensive guide to becoming a Team Beachbody Coach!
Updated and Revised: April 2016
Becoming a Beachbody Coach: Table of Contents
- What is a Beachbody Coach?
- How to Become a Beachbody Coach
- Beachbody Coach Review: Pros & Cons
- Beachbody Coach Income
- Beachbody Coach Benefits
- How to be a Successful Beachbody Coach
What is a Beachbody Coach?
Before you even think of becoming a Beachbody Coach, you need to know what a Beachbody Coach is to begin with. We’ll answer the following questions and much more…
- What is Beachbody Coaching all about?
- Is Coaching about making money?
- Is it about helping people?
- Is Beachbody Coaching only for really fit people?
- Will becoming a Team Beachbody Coach be worth it to you?
What does a Beachbody Coach do?
There’s no clear answer to what does a Beachbody Coach do because it’s all really up to you! As we’ll cover in the next few Beachbody Coaching questions, you can do just about anything as a Beachbody Coach. Unlike other fitness business opportunities, there are not a lot of requirements to being a Beachbody Coach. The Coaching requirements are actually very simple! Check out the video below to learn more about Team Beachbody or keep reading to see what’s required of Beachbody Coaches…
Beachbody Coach Requirements
Becoming a Beachbody Coach or joining the Beachbody business opportunity is surprisingly easy. Here are the minimum requirements on how to become a Beachbody Coach:
- You must be at least 18 years or older.
- Be a Citizen of the United States or Canada.
- Pay the initial fee of $39.95 (can be waived, more on that below).
- Pay the monthly fee of $15.95 (can be waived for Active Military, more on that below).
Here’s what you don’t see as a requirement to be a Beachbody Coach… When you become a Beachbody Coach you’re
- NOT REQUIRED to buy anything!
- NOT REQUIRED to sell anything!
- NOT REQUIRED to recruit anyone!
The Beachbody Coaching requirements are very simple… Yet, you may still have some questions. Here are the most frequently asked questions about being a Beachbody Coach:
How much does it cost to be a Beachbody Coach?
There is a one time fee of $39.95 to set you up as a Team Beachbody Coach. Afterwards, you only pay $15.95 per month to stay as a Beachbody Coach. In How to Become a Beachbody Coach, you’ll discover different options that will allow you to waive the $39.95 and how to waive the $15.95 monthly fee for Active Military members and even Veterans!
Am I required to sell Beachbody products?
Nope. You can become a Beachbody Coach to save 25% on Beachbody products and never sell anything. By not selling anything, Beachbody would consider you a Beachbody Discount Coach, more on this below..
As a Beachbody Coach, do I Coach people personally?
Nope. Beachbody provides all the information people will need with their product or it can be found online at beachbody.com or teambeachbody.com The title “Coach” is misleading because what you are is a distributor of Beachbody products. Instead, as a Beachbody Coach, you’re there to provide support and encouragement. Not to be a Personal Trainer.
Do I need to be a Nutritionist or a Personal Trainer?
Nope. You don’t need any knowledge about the fitness world. If you have a desire to help people get fit, Beachbody provides training so that you can best recommend products for their needs.
Do I need to be in shape to be a Coach?
Nope. Even if you’re barely starting your fitness journey, you can become a Beachbody Coach. It’s encouraged that you use Beachbody products so that you better understand what you’re recommending but it’s not required.
What if I don’t want to join for the Beachbody business opportunity?
No problem. A lot of Beachbody Coaches join for the accountability and to save 25% on Beachbody products. You will never be asked to sell anything and you will never be asked to Coach anyone. The bare minimum to being a Beachbody Coach is paying the monthly fee and being 18 years of age. And of course you can cancel at any time.
The Beachbody Discount Coach
What is a Beachbody Discount Coach? As was mentioned earlier, you DO NOT need to sell nor recruit anyone as a Beachbody Coach. Many people actually sign up as a Coach in order to get a discount on Shakeology and other Beachbody products. Although not an official name, Beachbody recognizes these Coaches as Discount Coaches.
As a Discount Beachbody Coach, think of being a Coach like paying a monthly fee in order to get a 25% discount on all Beachbody products. Many Coaches are often Shakeology Discount Coaches because by being a Coach, you get the cheapest price possible on Shakeology! (Discover how to buy Shakeology cheap here) And honestly, if you love Shakeology, you’re going to want to be a Beachbody Coach in order to save money!
However, remember, as a Beachbody Coach, you can do whatever you want. Some people will work their Beachbody Business part-time or full time. As you can see in the image below, you can also be Hobby Coach, a Business Builder, or anywhere in between! As long as you meet the Beachbody Coach requirements stated above, you can do whatever you want with you Beachbody business.
Should I Become a Beachbody Coach?
Knowing all that we know above, should you become a Beachbody Coach? While everyone is different, I believe there are two main reasons you should consider becoming a Beachbody Coach:
- You want to become a Discount Coach so that you can buy Shakeology and other Beachbody products with the Beachbody Coach Discount of 25%.
- You want to help people reach their health and fitness goals by recommending Beachbody products. And as a result, you’ll make some money and possibly build a Beachbody business. Again, you can be a Hobby Coach as well and recommend Beachbody products whenever you feel like it.
Whatever you may think, just know that being a Beachbody Coach is very flexible. There are no strict requirements where you’ll be stuck buying products that you will never use!
How to Become a Beachbody Coach
So, you’re ready to become a Beachbody Coach. That’s great to hear!… Becoming a Beachbody Coach is actually very simple. It’s all done online. Yet, there are a few options you should know about in order to save you some money…
- Become a Beachbody Coach
- How to Become a Beachbody Coach for Free
- Beachbody Military Discount
- Beachbody & Fundraising for Non-Profit Organizations
1. Become a Beachbody Coach
Here I’ll walk you step-by-step on how to become a Team Beachbody Coach. The process is very simple. Keep in mind that some options may change over time. However, it shouldn’t change too much.
How to Become a Beachbody Coach: Step-by-Step
2. Become a Coach: On the page that pops open, simply click on the blue button titled: “BECOME A COACH”
3. Select Your Country: On the next page, you may be asked what Country you live in. Rather the United States or Canada. Select your Country and click “Submit”
4. Account Information: You’ll be asked if you already have a Team Beachbody Account, you normally leave this option as is. Then you just fill in all the information that is requested of you: Create Login Information for your new account, Your Name, Address, and so on. Once done, scroll to the bottom and click on “Continue My Enrollment”.
5. Challenge Packs: On this page you’ll be able to order the “Showcase Challenge Pack – Best Value, Available to Coaches Only!”, which is only offered this one time to enrolling Beachbody Coaches and you’ll also be able to order other Beachbody Challenge Packs. Order one of these packs IF you want it. By ordering a Challenge Pack, Beachbody will waive the $39.95 Beachbody sign up fee. If you choose a Challenge Pack, click on “Sign me up!” and you’ll go directly to Step 7… Otherwise scroll to the bottom and select; “No thanks, just sign me up!”
6. Upgrade Order: Here’s another chance to upgrade your order with a fitness program, Shakeology, and/or with the Team Beachbody Club. If you’re becoming a Beachbody Coach to get a discount on Shakeology, this is the perfect time to order Shakeology. If you want to upgrade your order, select what you want and then click on “Yes! Upgrade my Order”… If not, select: “No thanks, just complete my enrollment”.
7. Complete Your Order and Enrollment: This is the last step to becoming a Beachbody Coach. Verify the information that’s on the screen, place in your credit card information, and then simply click on “Complete Order and Enrollment”.
8. Email Confirmation: That’s it! Congrats on becoming a Beachbody Coach! You’ll receive a confirmation email with your important Coach details, make sure to look for it in your email.
2. How to Become a Beachbody Coach for Free
As you sign up to become a Beachbody Coach, you’ll have the option to buy a Beachbody Challenge Pack which will waive the initial $39.95 fee (Step 5 above in the Become a Beachbody Coach process).
A Beachbody Challenge Pack offers you the following at a Huge Discount:
- Fitness Program of your Choice. Pick one that you will enjoy. You can choose from extreme workouts like P90X, Insanity, and Body Beast to moderate and beginners workouts. Popular Challenge Packs include: 21 Day Fix, Insanity: MAX 30, Focus T25, 22 Minute Hard Corps, Insanity, Beachbody on Demand, PiYo, 3 Day Refresh, CIZE, and many more.
- Shakeology on Monthly Auto-ship. Being on monthly auto-ship means that you’ll get Shakeology shipped to your house every month with a flat $2 shipping. Saving you anywhere from $10 to over $15! You can call Beachbody at any time to cancel or to change your Shakeology flavor. As a Independent Beachbody Coach, you will be getting Shakeology at the cheapest price possible.
- 30 Day Trial Membership of the Team Beachbody Club. Though the Team Beachbody Club has several benefits, the primary benefit is having access to Beachbody on Demand. Beachbody on Demand allows you to stream over 26 complete Beachbody workouts and much more. You can cancel the Team Beachbody Club at any time. Below is a sample of just a few of the workouts you’ll have online access to:
Again, buying a Beachbody Challenge pack is optional but this allows you to become a Beachbody Coach for FREE. Plus, you’ll get the best price possible on a fitness program of your choice and Shakeology! Become a Beachbody Coach below…
3. Beachbody Military Discount
There’s only one way to get the Beachbody Military Discount on Beachbody products, and that’s by becoming a Independent Team Beachbody Coach first. With the Beachbody Coach Military Discount, you’ll get the following:
- 25% Discount on all Beachbody products (even Shakeology!).
- You’ll be refunded the initial $39.95 set-up fee when you submit your Military Status Proof within 30 days of enrolling as a Beachbody Coach (only if you didn’t order a Beachbody Challenge Pack during enrollment).
- The $15.95 monthly fee will be waived.
Who Qualifies for the Beachbody Military Discount?
When the Beachbody Military Coach Wavier program was first implemented, it was only for Active Duty members or the Spouse of an Active Military Member. However, things have since changed. The following people can now get the Beachbody Military Coach discount:
- Active Duty Military Service members of any branch of the United States military, or the spouse or partner of any Active Duty Military Service member
- Reservists from any branch of the United States military
- United States Military Service members wounded in action, or the spouse or partner of a United States Military Service member lost or killed in action
- Honorably Discharged Veterans of the United States military – please note the waiver is only applicable to the veteran who is enrolled as a Coach, and is not transferable to another family member (spouse, partner, etc.) who might also be enrolled as a Coach.
What’s required of Beachbody Military Discount Coaches?
Those applying for the Beachbody Military Discount Wavier must submit proof for what they are claiming. The following documents are acceptable:
- a copy of your active duty orders
- a copy of a recent LES which confirms your current assignment and end date of current orders
- a copy of your BIR
- or a copy of your DD214
Beachbody does NOT accept a copy of your military ID as proof of your eligibility. Once you send proof to Beachbody you’ll have one more requirement to fulfill in order to stay in the Beachbody Military Coach Program:
- You must generate a minimum of 50 PV every 90 days in order to continue to receive the program benefits. This means you need to buy or sell something worth about $70. For example, one bag of Shakeology is worth 90 PV.
If you don’t generate the minimum 50 PV every 90 days, Beachbody will give you a 30 day notice about possibly canceling your account. You will have the option to cancel your Beachbody account or paying the monthly fee of $15.95.
Besides the two requirements above, there’s nothing else required of you to take advantage of the Beachbody Military Discount Program.
How do you become a Beachbody Military Discount Coach?
Luckily there is NO Beachbody Military Coach Application! Why lucky? Because using a Beachbody Military Coach Application is a long process and a lot of paper work.
Now… all you have to do is apply online to become a Beachbody Coach like everyone else. You will need to pay the one time fee of $39.95 if you don’t buy a Beachbody Challenge Pack. However, if you pay the $39.95, it will be refunded to you once you send in your Military Status Proof within 30 days of enrolling as a Coach. Become a Beachbody Military Coach below…
Beachbody Military Discount Coach Notes: After applying as a Beachbody Coach, Contact Me Here, if you need help determining what paper work you need to submit to Beachbody to take advantage of the Beachbody Military Wavier Program. Unfortunately, Beachbody changes the process every now and then and I would prefer to give you the most up to date information on how to submit your paperwork. Thanks!
4. Beachbody & Fundraising for Non-Profit Organizations
How would you like to stop pushing candy bars, pizza kits, Christmas bears, and car washes? How about no longer selling those baked goods? How ever you may be fundraising currently, you may find partnering with Beachbody, for FREE, to be beneficial to your fundraising needs!
Who can enjoy the nonprofit fundraising opportunity for free with Team Beachbody?… If you’re a school, a Church, a little league baseball, soccer, or basketball team… you may be eligible…
Fundraising with Team Beachbody is open to Nonprofit Organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
As a Nonprofit Organization, Beachbody will waive the Game Plan Tool Kit & Business Essentials Starter Program fee and monthly Coach Business Service fee. In essence, your Non-profit Organization becomes a Team Beachbody Coach for FREE and has all the advantages of being a Team Beachbody Coach… Here are some benefits you may be interested in as a Beachbody Nonprofit Organization Coach:
- No order forms or money to collect.
- You have your own bi-lingual websites that you can direct people to for their orders (English or Spanish).
- You get paid weekly by direct deposit or check.
- Opportunity to sponsor other non-profits and individual Coaches and receive residual funding from their revenue generation.
- 25% commission on retail sales.
- 25% discount on fitness and nutritional products.
- 50% commission from Club memberships.
- The Team Beachbody Nonprofit Program is designed to be simple…
- Beachbody takes of all the orders, you drive traffic to your own Beachbody created sites!
Here are just some ideas that your Nonprofit Organization can use to start making money:
- If your organization already has a newsletter, simply announce the new fundraiser and the links to your free websites. No extra cost for advertising.
- Hang up signs on group bulletin boards to help spread the word.
- Post on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest with links to your Beachbody websites.
- Start a “Fit Club”: Purchase a program at wholesale, invite everyone to join one night a week for a “group workout”. Before the workout talk about the fundraiser and how they can help. Make sure to give out website information or have products there that they can purchase at retail.
- Start Online Workout Accountability Groups with Facebook (Beachbody Challenge Groups)
- If your organization has a website, add links to your Beachbody websites so that visitors can know about the fundraiser.
- Piggyback with other fundraisers your organization does throughout the year.
- And much more…
How to get started as Team Beachbody Non-profit Beachbody Coach:
- You will need to appoint a Organizational Contact (Business Administrator).
Each nonprofit organization must appoint an adult (18 years of age or older) to be the account administrator responsible for the organization’s Coach Business Center.
- Provide proof of 501(c)(3) status. Beachbody requires at least one of the following forms as proof:
- A copy of your Filed Articles of Incorporation (filed with the Secretary of State)
- A copy of your IRS Ruling Letter or Letter of Determination verifying your non-profit status._
- Complete a Team Beachbody Nonprofit Coach Application form, and fax it to Coach Relations.
- Unfortunately, the Beachbody Nonprofit Coach Application form is regularly updated by Beachbody. To get the most up-to-date Coach Application CONTACT ME HERE and request a Nonprofit Coach Application. I’ll email you back an application as soon as possible.
Beachbody Coach Review: Pros & Cons
There aren’t many Beachbody Coach reviews online that can really explain what it’s like to be a Beachbody Coach because everyone wants to give only a positive Beachbody Coach review. Which is understandable because if you hear nothing but good things about being a Beachbody Coach, then you’ll also want to become a Beachbody Coach. Here, I’ll cover a few of the most common Pros & Cons about being a Beachbody Coach…
Beachbody Coach Review: Pros
1. Growing Need for Beachbody Coaches
Besides knowing that the health and fitness industry is huge in the United States, how do we know there is a need for Beachbody Coaches?… Simple, we look into the obesity rates and see if there’s a need for our services… In August of 2012, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that 12 states have an adult obesity rate over 30 percent… not too bad right?
Here’s where it gets interesting, the CDC projects 42 percent of adults will be obese by 2030. But what does it mean to be obese? In order to be considered obese you need to have a BMI of 30 or higher, which is about 30 or more pounds over what’s considered a healthy weight. So, that’s bad news that people are getting heavier in the United States but good news for the Beachbody business opportunity. That’s job security right there. Check out the USA Today’s Obesity rate report below:
While the future looks bright for Beachbody Coaches, what about right now?
- In 2010, about 6.6% of adults in this country were severely obese — about 15.5 million people. To be severely obese you need to have a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or higher, which is roughly 100 or more pounds overweight.
- Currently, about two-thirds of the people in the USA are either overweight or obese.
However you look at it… Beachbody is set up to help End the Trend of Obesity… The best part of the Beachbody business opportunity is that you’re not limited to a geographic location… You can help people anywhere in the United States and even Canada. Here’s another thing that was reported about obesity projection by 2030:
“The number of new cases of type 2 diabetes, coronary heart disease and stroke, hypertension and arthritis could increase 10 times between 2010 and 2020 — and then double again by 2030,” the report projects. “Obesity-related health care costs could increase by more than 10 percent in 43 states and by more than 20 percent in nine states.” – NBCNews.com
While there will be several health problems in the future…. there’s also people now who are suffering from type 2 diabetes, heart disease, stroke, many types of cancer, sleep apnea and other chronic illnesses. What do you think people do when they’re on medications or having other health problems caused by being overweight?… They will look for solutions… Since these health problems are weight related and often nutrition related, you’ll be set up to help people as a Beachbody Coach.
2. You Have the Chance to Make a Little Money or a LOT of Money
As a Beachbody Coach, you’re not required to sell anything. However, if you want to make money, you definitely can with Beachbody. As a Independent Team Beachbody Coach, you’re 100% in charge of your Beachbody business. However, you are not alone. As your Team Beachbody Coach I will help you anyway I can and Beachbody offers A LOT of training materials to help you grow your business.
3. You’ll Get in the Best Shape of Your Life!
Are you more likely to buy a fitness program from someone whose overweight or someone that’s at least working on their weight loss journey?… More than likely you’ll trust the person whose at least showing some progress on their weight loss journey.
This is why Beachbody always states that you need to be a product of the product. You need to try out the workouts. Try out the supplements. Pick and choose what works for you and simply recommend to others what you believe works best. After all, you don’t want someone to ask you about a Beachbody program and then you have no personal reference point in how to help them out.
In fact, many Successful Coaches today were first Beachbody Customers. These Customers loved the Beachbody fitness programs so much that they decided to become a Beachbody Coach simply for the 25% discount and many go on to make money as Coaches.
4. Beachbody Has Shown Consistent Growth Through a Recession!
How do you know a business is worth investing in? You look at their revenue to see continued growth, year after year. Below is Beachbody’s revenue growth from 2000 to 2012. As you can see below, Beachbody has continued to grow every year, even during a recession around 2007!
Here are a few Important Milestones:
- 1998 – Beachbody, LLC was founded
- 2007 – Team Beachbody Coach Opportunity becomes available and P90X is released
- 2008 – Ten Minute Trainer released
- 2009 – Insanity and Shakeology released
- 2010 – TurboFire and Body Gospel released, A+ Rating from the Better Business Bureau
- 2011 – Les Mills Pump, Insanity: Asylum, and P90X2 released, A+ Rating from the Better Business Bureau, Coach Opportunity Opens October in Canada
- 2012 – 2 New Vagan Shakeology Flavors, Beachbody Ultimate Reset & Body Beast released
- 2013 – Vanilla Shakeology & Focus T25 released
While Beachbody has created several more fitness programs and supplements, the above are the most popular releases from Beachbody. Not only has Beachbody shown consistent growth during a “recession”, Beachbody grew with only having Beachbody Coaches in the United States. Since late 2012, the Beachbody business opportunity has expanded to Canada and is aiming to grow into many more countries over time.
While everyone has heard about P90X, Insanity, and many more Beachbody products… Beachbody is aiming to be to the number 1 brand in health and fitness. The only question now, do you want to take part in the Beachbody business opportunity and start helping people? You’ve seen Beachbody is needed and Beachbody has the products people recognize…. Become a Team Beachbody Coach to start helping people…
5. Provides Just About Everything People Desire in “Job”
What do you think would make a perfect job for you? What would you like in your current job in order to make it perfect? Many people were asked to define their perfect job and here are a few things people often came up with:
When you become a Beachbody Coach, you’ll often get many of the job benefits listed above.
- As a Beachbody Coach you work as much or as little as you want.
- You’re in charge of your own Beachbody company… Think of it as a franchise without the huge invest or needing a place to run a business.
- As a Beachbody Coach you’re helping people turn their life around by helping them eat right and exercise.
- As a Coach you’ll continue to learn how to better help people and learn about the new and exciting products that Beachbody is releasing ever year.
- As a Coach there is almost no risk compared to starting your own business… It’s definitely much cheaper because you don’t need a loan to become a Beachbody Coach.
- Beachbody has proven to be economy proof… Even during the recession, Beachbody continued to grow it’s revenue every year. And Beachbody is now serving the United States, Canada, and planning on expanding globally.
Beachbody Coach Review: Cons
1. Being a Beachbody Coach takes Time, Hard Work, & Consistency
As a Beachbody Coach you’re running your own business. You’re not joining some get rich scheme where you’ll instantly make money for doing nothing. Based on several Beachbody Coach reviews, most Coaches quit or give up after their first year because they don’t see the results instantly.
Yes, some Coaches will do awesome in the business and be a huge success in a matter of months, but it’s rare. As you’ll learn in the Beachbody Coach Training (found in your Beachbody Coach online office: News & Training > Training), you will need to be consistently sharing the Beachbody business.
2. You Might Fail and NOT Make Any Money as a Beachbody Coach
Most Beachbody Coach reviews will forget to tell you that you are signing up to run your own business and most businesses fail within a year if the person is not serious. There are no guarantees as a Beachbody Coach. Beachbody and I will set you up for success but you still need to do the work. You may need to learn a few new skills to advertise your business and be successful BUT if you really want it, you’ll make the time to be the best Beachbody Coach you can be.
3. There is an Investment to Being a Beachbody Coach
Being a Beachbody Coach is like a franchise. For example, if you wanted to open a McDonalds you would not only have to pay for the franchise but also pay royalties. This can run well over $750,000 according to How Much Does It Cost to Own a McDonald’s Franchise. The cheapest franchise to get into is Papa John’s International Inc. at $50,000. Why so much?
The reason people get into a franchise is because the main company already did the hard work of producing customers and quality products. Simply put, everyone knows about McDonalds, Papa John’s Pizza, Burger King, and all the other franchises.
In the same way, everyone knows about Beachbody’s fitness products… P90X, Insanity, 10 Minute Trainer, Brazil Butt Lift, Focus T25, PiYo, P90X2, P90X3, Shakeology, and the list keeps going. But the difference is that you only need to pay an initial fee of $39.95 and then a monthly fee of $15.95.
Additionally, you’ll want to be on Shakeology monthly auto-ship to not only to improve your health but also start getting bonuses from Beachbody by achieving Success Club every month. So it’s going to be about $112.41 a month, with the monthly fee and Shakeology.
Want to hear some more Beachbody Coach reviews? Check out the following video about what Beachbody Coaches have gone through as a Coach…
As you can see, many Beachbody Coaches didn’t make a lot of money at first. Some still don’t. But there was also some Coaches who are making more money than they did in their old job. Plus, many Beachbody Coaches also mention:
- Freedom of time.
- Being able to pay off bills.
- Not worrying about money.
- And being able to spend more time with their family.
There you have it. The Pros and Cons of being a Team Beachbody Coach. If you’re ready to change your life around as a Beachbody Coach, enroll today below!
I’m not going to lie… being a Team Beachbody Coach will not always be easy but neither was walking when you were first trying to learn. As your Beachbody Coach, I will do the best to help you become a successful Beachbody Coach. While no job is perfect, the Beachbody business opportunity offers many more opportunities than what would be considered a conventional job.
Beachbody Coach Income
If you decide to become a Beachbody Coach for the discount, then this doesn’t really matter to you. However, there are several people who ask: How much do Beachbody Coaches make? After all, if you’re planning on growing a Beachbody business, you want to know how much money can you really make. In these Beachbody Coach income sections we’ll cover a few different things to help you understand how much money you could make.
How Do Beachbody Coaches Make Money?
Beachbody offers several different ways to make money as a Beachbody Coach. Many of which you will get training on when you become a Beachbody Coach. However, we’ll go over a few of the different ways here. Your primary source of income at the beginning will be earning a 25% commission off of every Beachbody product that you sell.
However, you can start getting multiple streams of income as a Beachbody Coach when you start recruiting people to also become Team Beachbody Coaches. This is why the dedicated Coaches are able to make six-figure incomes… For example, Beachbody offers the following programs you can become eligible for:
- Customer Lead Program: Beachbody will give you paying customers that buy products from their site or their 800 number.
- Team Cycle Bonus: You’ll get increasing bonuses based on how much is made on your team’s volume. Others and I will be helping to add to your Team Volume.
- Shakeology Lead Program: Beachbody will give you customers that buy Shakeology (a product that can give you residual income!!!).
- Matching Check Bonuses: Advance to Diamond and above and start earning a Matching Check Bonus!
- Connection Lead Program: Advance enough and Beachbody will give you Coaches under your team.
Overall there are four rankings when it comes to being a Beachbody Coach. Each one having different requirements but with a bigger payout as you progress. Check out the Coach Policies and Procedures/Compensation Plan for full details. The Beachbody Coach rankings are the following:
- Emerald Coach
- Ruby Coach
- Diamond Coach
- Star Diamond
Check out the following video to better understand a few different ways that a Beachbody Coach can make money!
How Much Do Beachbody Coaches Make?
Unfortunately, there is no Beachbody Coach salary or a set Beachbody Coach income. Every Coach makes money according to how they choose to run their Beachbody Coaching business. Some make a lot of money. Some may make nothing at all! However, Beachbody does release a yearly Statement of Independent Coach Earnings to give people an idea of what an average Coach may make over a year.
High Earnings for the Last Few Years in Beachbody:
|How Much do Beachbody Coaches Make?|
|Beachbody’s Statement of Independent Coach Earnings: High Earnings|
|Coach (retail sales)||$21,212||$20,449||$26,951||$18,210|
The high earnings gives you an idea of how much money very motivated people can make as Team Beachbody Coaches. You can see that Coaches normally make much more money as they advance in rank. Being a Coach (retail sales) is the lowest rank and then it increases to Emerald, Ruby, Diamond, and Star Diamond. But, there’s more to look at, what about the averages for each rank?
Average Earnings for the Last Few Years in Beachbody:
|How Much do Beachbody Coaches Make?|
|Beachbody’s Statement of Independent Coach Earnings: Average Earnings|
|Coach (retail sales)||$447||$360||$467||$502|
It’s hard to compare High Earnings with Average Earnings because how much money you make as a Coach is dependent on the individual.
- With the High Earnings, we can see how much motivated people can earn.
- With the Average Earnings, we include those who may not be working as hard or who don’t fully commit to running a Beachbody Coach business (i.e. Beachbody Discount Coaches or Hobby Coaches), which brings down the average.
In both the Beachbody High Earnings & Average Earnings, we can say the following:
- The numbers are consistent if not improving over the years.
- You’ll make more money as you advance in Coach rank.
- There’s a wide range of how much money you can make as a Beachbody Coach… From a few hundred dollars to over $1 million.
How much does a Beachbody Coach make?… Again, these are example numbers and are not to be read as a guarantee. You could make much more as a Beachbody Coach or make nothing at all…. As a Team Beachbody Coach, you’re given several resources to help you become a successful Beachbody Coach. However, it’s up to you on how make use of these resources.
Beachbody Coach Benefits
There are several benefits to joining the Beachbody Coaching opportunity. We’ve covered a few already in this article, however, it doesn’t hurt to add a few more Beachbody Coach benefits to the list…
1. You’re Set up to Market Your Business from Day 1.
Beachbody offers you several resources in your Beachbody Coach online office and also sets you up with 3 websites that you can personalize with your picture. When you get a customer, simply direct them to your Beachbody website and you’ll earn a commission. Here’s what the sites look like:
- A Beachbody site like the one shown here: http://beachbodycoach.com/CoachJulio26
- A Shakeology site like the following: http://shakeology.com/CoachJulio26
- A Ultimate Reset site like this one: http://myultimatereset.com/CoachJulio26
2. Free Online Business Training!
Many people who have been successful have attributed it to always learning something new that will improve their skills. Beachbody recognizes this and works hard to provide people a chance to develop their own skills in several ways:
- Coach Training Videos – Online videos to fully understand what’s available to you.
- Self paced.
- 24/7 access.
- You’ll learn what Top Performing Coaches are doing to be successful.
- You don’t need to be an expert on everything. Feel free to learn about the products that interest you.
- Regular training videos are added as new fitness programs or supplements are released.
- Weekly Conference Calls – Brings in top performing Coaches to share what’s working for them.
- Quarterly Super Saturday Events – Education on new products, what’s going on at Beachbody, and more education on what successful Coaches are doing.
- Success on Demand – Online access to Success Magazine and several online videos and book summaries from Success Magazine.
- Product Education – Beachbody offers video training on products and product training guides.
3. Advertising Material.
Beachbody offers several banner ads and YouTube videos that you can use when promoting any product. Rather you want a simple side banner ad for your blog or a detailed video about a new workout, Beachbody has it ready for you to make use of.
4. Easy Connection with Your Customers.
Beachbody helps you keep in contact with those interested in Beachbody products in two ways. First, whenever someone orders something through you, you have access to what they ordered, their address, and their email address. You can then email these Customers at any time with your Beachbody account to give them advice, share useful information, or to contact them about other Beachbody products.
Secondly, people can create a Free Team Beachbody account that gives them access to message boards, other tools at teambeachbody.com, and gives them access to a Team Beachbody Coach (which can be you). Even these Free Team Beachbody members can be emailed any time.
5. Beachbody Challenge Groups.
This is optional but is a great marketing tool that you can use to grow your Beachbody business. Beachbody offers instructions and guides to help you create a Beachbody Challenge Group that follows the following guidelines:
- 5 to 7 people in a Beachbody Challenge Group.
- Everyone doing a Beachbody fitness program for 30, 60, or 90 days.
- Everyone drinking Shakeology to super charge their weight loss results.
- Daily Check-in’s to a Private Facebook Group You Create.
These Beachbody Challenge groups are important because you are providing Accountability to everyone involved and therefore people are getting results with your help.
6. Beachbody is a Trusted Company.
Beachbody is not some random company that popped out of no where. Instead, Beachbody was founded in 1998 and continues to grow strong in the field of Health & Fitness. Best of all, Beachbody has several positive attributes as a company:
- Beachbody is a trusted company.
- Beachbody has a A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- Beachbody offers at least a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee with everything they sell.
- Beachbody trainers like Tony Horton, Chalene Johnson, Shaun T, and others are regularly invited to talk on Dr. Oz, The Doctors, several News Channels, and many other places where they can help people improve their health & fitness.
- Beachbody will stop at nothing to offer High Quality products.
7. People Know About the Beachbody Products.
Beachbody spends over $100 million in advertising every year so that people know about their workouts like P90X, Insanity, 10 Minute Trainer, P90X3, Focus T25, 22 Minute Corps, 21 Day Fix, Insanity: MAX 30, and the list goes on and on.
Not to mention, many people will often have a friend or a friend of a friend that did a Beachbody workout like P90X, Insanity, Brazil Butt Lift or any other workout. And guess what… They’ll normally have nothing but positive things to say about the workout.
Plus, the Beachbody fitness trainers, Tony Horton, Shaun T, Chalene Johnson, and many others are on tv helping people learn more about health & fitness and also get the chance to talk about their Beachbody fitness programs. Theses Beachbody fitness trainers have been on the Oprah show, Dr. Oz, The Doctors, popular health & fitness magazines, and several different news networks… Basically, people know about the Beachbody fitness programs…
8. Loyal Beachbody Customers.
Often times people will not stop at one workout program because they see themselves getting results and want a next challenge. Basically, Customers fall in love with Beachbody products and will often not change to anything else. Any future orders from these loyal Beachbody Customers is a commission in your pocket.
9. More Money for Selling Beachbody Products.
If you’re really interested in making money selling Beachbody fitness programs, then you have to become a Beachbody Coach to make the biggest commission possible, 25% commission. Yes, Amazon sells the Beachbody workouts, but Beachbody has set it up so that it’s cheaper to buy from a Team Beachbody Coach than from Amazon. Plus, Team Beachbody Coaches can offer free exclusive bonus workouts that you can’t even get at Beachbody.com!
10. Beachbody Offers Continuity Products.
Why do continuity products matter? Continuity products matter because you’ll be getting a monthly commission every month whenever your customer orders again and again… Beachbody offers several different supplements like meal replacement shakes, protein shakes, daily vitamins, and many more. The number one selling continuity product that Beachbody offers is Shakeology, which is a $32 commission every month your Customer orders.
11. Beachbody Offers Up-sells.
Many people first trust Beachbody by ordering a Beachbody fitness program. Within every workout DVD, Beachbody includes mini-commercials at the end of a workout that promotes another Beachbody product that they may be interested in. These commercials vary depending on the workout.
For example, after a tough P90X or Insanity workout, you may be sore so Beachbody tells people about the P90X Results & Recovery formula that will help with soreness. There can also be other workout programs as well. For example, Insanity has a commercial talking about P90X being a good option after they finish Insanity.
And of course, Beachbody offers a few commercials about Shakeology, which is a nutrient-dense, whole-food shake. Through these commercials, you have the opportunity to make another commission if your Customer decides to buy something else.
12. Potential to Make More Money.
We covered this a little in the Beachbody Coach Income section, but it’s worth repeating one more time. As a Beachbody Coach, you make a 25% commission on everything you sell. However, you have the opportunity to make even more money when you start growing your Beachbody business. As you move up in Coach Rank, you can:
- Earn a Team Volume Bonus
- Matching Check Bonus
- Quarterly Bonus
- Free Customers
- Free Shakeology Customers
- Free Coach Leads
- and much more…
13. Make Money Like a CEO.
Would you rather make money from 100% of your own efforts or make 10% of your money from 100 people? This of course is for example purposes only and does not mean you’ll make 10% from someone else or you need 100 people. But… the idea is that you can make money from other people’s efforts just like a CEO. It is optional to grow your business but it is a nice option that is not offered by any other affiliate program.
When you join the Beachbody affiliate program, you’re not alone. When you join, I will be there to answer any questions you have. I can also plug you into a Private Facebook group where there are several Beachbody Coaches who can further help you build your business.
15. You’re the Boss as a Independent Beachbody Coach
Beachbody and I will share with you what has worked for many others in making sales and growing their business but at the end of the day, you’re the boss of your time.
- You decide how much time you spend on working as a Team Beachbody Coach,
- You decide how you will advertise the Beachbody products.
- You decide which Beachbody products you want to promote.
- You decide if you want to make more money by growing your business.
How to be a Successful Beachbody Coach
So you’re thinking of becoming a Beachbody Coach for the business opportunity?… The Beachbody business opportunity can be very lucrative, however, just like any other business; it will takes hard work and determination. Here are a few things for you to consider if you want to become a successful Beachbody Coach…
The Successful Beachbody Coach Cycle…
A while back Beachbody took the time to figure out why some Coaches were successful and others were not. After talking to several Team Beachbody Coaches, Beachbody discovered that about 71% of their successful Beachbody Diamond Coaches went through a very specific cycle of growth. Check it out below…
This is a pretty direct stage. A Newbie is someone who has just bought a Team Beachbody fitness program or supplement. They may or may not have started working out yet but have made the first step in their weight loss journey by buying a product. At this stage, it’s too early to tell if they will make use of their fitness program, much less even become a Beachbody Coach.
A Participant is someone who has taken the steps needed to start their fitness journey. This can include joining a Beachbody Challenge Group, being held accountable by their Beachbody Coach, working out with their own friends with a Beachbody fitness program, or working out on their own. Whatever the case may be, the Participant has started their fitness journey with a Beachbody fitness program.
The Enthusiast has stuck to a Beachbody fitness program and has gotten results! The Enthusiast will now love to workout as a regular part of their day and may have gone through several rounds of their fitness program. If not several rounds, they could have found the next level up of their fitness program like going from Insanity to Insanity The Asylum, Power 90 to P90X, P90X to P90X2, or any other variation of challenging workouts that Beachbody has to offer. Whatever the case may be, the Enthusiast has changed their health around with a Beachbody fitness program and is continuing to make working out as part of their daily lives.
This where many people get to when they complete a Beachbody fitness program and continue to get amazing workout results with other programs. By this time, the Advocate loves the Beachbody fitness program he or she did because it not only helped them lose weight and turn their health around, but because people are taking notice and asking them what they did to lose weight.
And guess what… The Advocate will openly share how P90X, Insanity, Brazil Butt Lift, Hip Hop Abs, Focus T25, or any other fitness program has got them to where they are now. The sad part is, this is where the Advocate often stops… sharing with people what has transformed their health but not becoming a Beachbody Coach because they may not know about the opportunity or think becoming a Beachbody Coach is too difficult.
After going through the Beachbody Coach Cycle, this is where the 71% of Diamond Coaches end up… They loved the results so much and fell in love with the Beachbody fitness programs and supplements, that sharing their results comes natural to not only their friends and family but also to people they don’t know very well.
Why is it easy for Advocates to become the most successful Beachbody Coaches?… Because they have enthusiasm for what they are doing and people will trust them because they truly believe that the Beachbody fitness products will transform other people’s lives as well.
Although this Beachbody Coach success cycle is not written in stone, it’s nice to see where most Beachbody Coaches mindset started and where they are now. It definitely shows that when you get results with Beachbody, you’ll want others to know about it as well.
A Successful Beachbody Coach Will…
1. MOTIVATE – This is what being a “Coach” is all about. Just like a Coach in any sport you can think of, a Beachbody Coach needs to motivate those he is helping. This can include cheer-leading, helping someone set up goals, lifting them when they are struggling, congratulating them for every little success, and ultimately helping them reach their fitness goals.
2. EDUCATE – Don’t worry, you don’t need to be a personal trainer because you’re not educating them about proper form or nutrition. What you will be doing is teaching them why a certain Beachbody product may be best for their goals and sharing your own personal story.
You’ll have access to several product guides and video trainings so you’ll know which product is best for the individual. You can also share how Team Beachbody works and direct them to the message boards where qualified nutritionist and fitness experts can answer technical questions. Your goal is to teach them how to access valuable resources.
3. SHARE – A Coach needs to be a product of the product… Meaning you are using Beachbody products and are able to share your own experience with it. Rather it be a fitness program like P90X, Insanity, TurboFire, Brazil Butt Lift… or a supplement like Shakeology, Results and Recovery, Energy and Endurance, and so on… By using Beachbody products, you’ll be able to SHARE how the products worked for you, what your struggles were, and how you succeeded.
4. ACCOUNTABILITY – As a Beachbody Coach, you become a accountability partner. It’s easy for someone to not exercise and say they’ll do it tomorrow when they are on their own… But if they know you’ll be checking in on them, then they need to start getting results and pushing themselves. Remember, you’re a Beachbody COACH. You’ll need to make sure your team is working out regularly and meeting their goals!
5. BE WILLING TO LEARN – While Beachbody offers several training videos and training packets in the Beachbody Coach Online Office, you don’t need to feel limited to this. Beachbody created a simple system to help you become successful. However, you can learn about other things related to marketing your Beachbody Coaching services. For example, learning to use Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or other social media outlets to market your business. Or learning more about multilevel marketing business to grow your Beachbody business even further. Or even learning about building your own website. Whatever the case may be, be willing to learn more in order to get ahead!
Notice a few things that were not mentioned above… A Beachbody Coach…
- Does NOT give out nutritional advice.
- Does NOT set up a exercise routine or explain proper form.
- Does NOT have to be in shape.
As long you’re working on your fitness and want to help others, you can become a successful Beachbody Coach.
How to be a Successful Beachbody Coach: Final Tips…
As we have seen, Beachbody has trainers and nutritional experts available at the Team Beachbody message boards. So becoming a certified nutritionist or a certified personal trainer is not going to make a successful Beachbody Coach. It could help but isn’t necessary.
As a Beachbody Coach, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your business anyway you want. Many Beachbody Coaches have found success by running local fit clubs, online fitness challenges through social media, blogging, making YouTube videos, helping non-profit organizations, and sharing their fitness success stories with friends and family.
Of course, you can find other ways to grow your own Beachbody Coach business. Those are just a few ways Beachbody Coaches have been successful.