Looking for some new Beachbody P90X3 Reviews? You’ve come to the right place. We’ll cover some test group P90X3 reviews and of course you can learn much more about the newest Beachbody workout: P90X3: Extreme Fitness Accelerated.
It’s not surprising that Beachbody has moved onto creating P90X3 after the popularity of P90X and the debatable P90X2. Not to say P90X2 was horrible, but it was different than what expected after P90X.
P90X2 involved a new science called Post-Activation Potentiation (PAP), mixed with muscle confusion, and a lot of balancing moves. P90X2 was more about coordination and balance vs the strength and endurance that was offered with P90X.
P90X3 fits in with Beachbody because it’s following current scientific research that show that short and intense workouts provide several more benefits than long and steady workouts. The first short and intense workout was Shaun T’s Focus T25, now Tony Horton follows up with P90X3, which is a 30 minute workout.
Revised & Updated: April 2016
P90X3 Reviews: Table of Contents
- What is P90X3?
- Does P90X3 Work?
- P90X vs P90X3: How They Compare!
- Personal P90X3 Review
- How to Order P90X3?
What is P90X3?
Here’s what Tony Horton has to say about P90X3:
P90X3’s Muscle Acceleration—the ultimate EXCUSE-BUSTER.
I took everything I learned from P90X and P90X2—coupled it
with new science that shows intense 30-minute workouts can
get you in better shape faster—and slammed it all into
The result? Short, targeted, intense workouts that take just 30
minutes—but leave you looking like you’ve been tearing it up
in the gym all day, every day. – Tony Horton
Pretty convincing P90X3 review to me… However, would you like more proof that short and intense workouts are the best for weight loss? Here’s what Steve Edwards, fitness guru and co-creator of P90X, has to say
Your body has an emergency response to exercise. When you begin, no matter what you’re doing, you burn glycogen for fuel. Once your body figures out that you aren’t in an emergency, it begins to conserve by shifting to body tissue, primarily fat stores, for energy. It was once assumed that training during this “fat burning” period was optimal for weight loss. Now we know it’s the opposite. If you take advantage of the glycogen window by training hard (and smart so you don’t get hurt) you can alter your body’s metabolism—the key to changing your body composition—quickly and efficiently.
If you would like to see the research on short/intense workouts for yourself, check out the following resources…
As you can see, there’s a lot of research on the benefits of short/intense workouts… Now, the new P90X3 workout is called P90X3: Extreme Fitness Accelerated because it’s no longer about long workouts but instead short and intense workouts. In this case, P90X3 is only 30 minutes! You read right…. you can continue to get P90X results with only 30 minutes a day. Best of all, there are 16 new workouts. You’re not easily going to get tired of the moves with this 90 day program. The Beachbody P90X3 workouts offer a mix of:
- MMA Inspired Cardio
- Balance & Coordination
- and Core Moves
Think of it this way, P90X3 takes the best moves from P90X, P90X2, and from new workouts that Tony Horton has had exposure to in order to give you the best, result getting workouts possible in only 30 minutes. Here are the official P90X3 workouts:
Since the Beachbody P90X3 workout is short, more people can follow through with this workout than with P90X. In the past many people would buy P90X, but then fail to workout because the P90X workouts can be a bit long on some days. And don’t worry, you DON’T need to complete P90X or P90X2 to do this workout.
However, much like P90X has a fitness test, it’s recommended that you also pass the P90X Fit test before attempting P90X3. While P90X3 does offer a modifier for beginners, the P90X3 workouts often go pretty fast, so it may take a beginner a little longer to get the moves down. I’ll go into greater detail in my personal P90X3 review below.
And what equipment do you need to complete the P90X3 workout? When Tony Horton was reviewing the P90X3 workout, he said NO running shoes! Instead, Tony recommends a good pair of cross training or volleyball shoes to help you move laterally. Additionally, P90X3 uses the same equipment as P90X, you’ll need the following:
- Dumbbells or resistance bands
- Pull-up bar or resistance bands with a door attachment
- Yoga Mat
- Push-up bars (optional)
- Yoga Block (optional)
15 Quick Facts About P90X3:
1. All workouts are only 30 minutes long.
2. P90X3 is NOT a follow up to P90X2. P90X3 is in it’s own class of workout programs, not a harder version of P90X2 nor P90X.
3. P90X3 is a alternative to P90X. You’ll get P90X results in only 30 minutes a day.
4. The nutrition/meal plan goes back to nutrition basics of Power 90 and healthy eating.
5. There are 16 workouts in the P90X3 Base Workout System.
6. The P90X3 Deluxe package includes 4 extra routines for a total of 20- 30 minute workouts!
7. P90X3 includes a large variation of new types of workouts:
- An all new Isometrics workout (A New Strength/Balance/Flexibility workout with Static Holds)
- CVX, Cardiovascular Extreme (a Cardio workout with weights)
- MMX – Mixed Martial Arts Extreme
- Balance and Coordination
8. There are 4 schedules in X3: Classic, Lean, Doubles, and Bulk
- Classic – This is a traditional balance of cardio and resistance training, which will help you burn fat and gain muscle.
- Lean – Designed for those who want a leaner look. You’ll focus more on functionality, mobility, and cardio over resistance training.
- Doubles – This is for the crazy people who want longer workouts. In Doubles you’ll be doing 2 workouts a day.
- Mass – People wanted it in P90X and now it’s here. This is for those wanting to Bulk up. You’ll focus more on resistance training and incorporate a higher calorie intake in your diet.
9. 39 out of 40 people in the Test Group lost 10% of their body fat percent
10. If you’ve done P90X or P90X2, you’ll see similar moves and all new stuff too.
11. Optional, but recommended, equipment includes: weights or bands and a pull-up bar.
12. P90X3 includes the following intensities: Beginner Modified, Intermediate, and Challenging/Hard.
13. The X3 workout is based on science that suggests the first 30 minutes is the most effective part of any exercise routine. So, Tony Horton Accelerated the workouts to create the most effective 30 minute workout routines.
14. The new Ab Moves are athletic in nature, some are standing up and many are front facing instead of being on your back.
15. P90X3 will get ripped results in only 30 minutes!
You can learn more about the P90X3 workouts from the video below, plus several P90X3 reviews and results are shared!:
Does P90X3 Work?
There’s no better way to answer does P90X3 really work than by looking at the type of results people have gotten by doing P90X3. In the video below, Tony Horton talks about the P90X3 results and why he thinks they got such amazing results.
Here are a few of the P90X3 workout participants and their results:
I think the results were amazing with P90X3. Think about it… 39 out of 40 people had at least 10% fat loss!!! Not even Focus T25 can make that claim. And I honestly believe it’s because Tony Horton is all about creating a well rounded workout that works on every part of your body.
Shaun T’s Focus T25 is a great cardio workout that will help you lose weight, but it sticks more to cardio rather than strengthening your muscles with added resistance from additional equipment. As a side note, Tony mentions in another video that not even P90X nor P90X2 got such amazing results as P90X3 did with their Test Group 😉
Who Is P90X3 For?
Do Not get confused with the 3 at the end of P90X3! What we should be asking is does P90X3 really work for everyone? Why is that?… Because not everyone can do P90X3… Yes, P90X3 offers a modifier but it can be difficult to follow the modifier because:
- The moves go fast and the modifier isn’t always shown.
- Tony doesn’t have enough time to explain the modified move.
- The modifier doesn’t always stick to only doing modified moves. Sometimes the modifier will do a advance move or the regular move without demonstrating the modified move.
While other P90X3 reviews will tell you that anyone can do P90X3, that is not the case. Yes, you can attempt P90X3 and over time you will get better at it but I wouldn’t want you to get discouraged at not being able to keep up with everyone else… Simply understand that it may take a beginner more time to full understand the moves…
The original P90X does a much better job at showing and describing how to modify ever move. But, if you need a short workout that will gets you fast results, check out Focus T25 or the Beachbody 21 Day Fix because both offer better instructions on modifications for beginners. Even Insanity: MAX 30 is set up to show a modifier throughout the workout!
The P90X3 workout will be perfect…
- For anyone that only has 30 minutes to workout.
- For anyone looking for a well rounded, total body workout.
- For the advanced workout pro looking to maintain their body or looking for a quick workout.
- For anyone looking to get P90X results in only 30 minutes.
- For anyone looking for a challenging 30 minute workout!
P90X vs P90X3: How They Compare!
7 KEY DIFFERENCES YOU NEED TO KNOW
1. P90X vs P90X3: Intensity
Many people have been asking if they should do P90X or P90X2 before they even attempt P90X3. While P90X2 can only be done after P90X, P90X3 is different. It’s important to note in this P90X versus P90X3 review that P90X required you to pass the P90X Fit Test before attempting P90X. P90X3, however, has no fit test because there’s a modifier you can follow that will make the moves easier.
Additionally, P90X3 offers a intermediate move and a advance move. Therefore, P90X3 is perfect for the beginner and the advanced. Whereas P90X is more towards someone who is semi-fit or could at least pass the P90X Fit Test. However, remember that P90X3 is Extreme Fitness Accelerated, so if you’re new to working out, it may take you longer at times to fully understand the moves that are being done.
2. P90X vs P90X3: Time
Tony Horton heard from many people that P90X is great but… it’s LONG… And it’s very much true. I got amazing results from doing P90X and I love the results but the workouts are very long. Most days it took me just over an hour to get the workout done because of the breaks I took. P90X3, however, is only 30 minutes for EVERY workout. There isn’t a surprise workout that will last more than 30 minutes.
3. P90X vs P90X3: Schedules
One of the key benefits of P90X and P90X3 is the flexible schedules that allow you to meet your fitness goals. Both P90X and P90X3 offers a Classic, Lean, and Doubles schedule for you to choose from. P90X3, however, added a Bulk schedule for those looking to gain some mass from their workouts. Check out the P90X3 Calendar: Classic below…
Additionally, P90X3 offers a Elite Block schedule that is 4 weeks and done after your 90 days of P90X3. The P90X3 Elite Block schedule includes 3 new workouts that are not included in the P90X3 Base kit. The Elite Block workouts come with the Deluxe and Ultimate kits or you can buy them separately.
4. P90X vs P90X3: The Workouts
In comparing P90X versus P90X3, you’ll find that P90X3 comes with more workouts. P90X comes with 12 workouts in the base kit and P90X3 comes with 16 workouts. However, when you order P90X from a link on this site, you will also get, for FREE, the P90X+ workouts and 2 One-on-One workouts. The P90X+ workouts are great to continue challenging yourself.
When you order P90X3 from a link on this site, you will get for FREE bonus One-on-One workout. Additionally, P90X3 comes with more variation in the workouts… P90X3 includes:
- MMA inspired workouts
- Greater focus on core moves
- and many more workout variations not found in P90X
5. P90X vs P90X3: Speed
P90X is slower than P90X3 because of all the resistance moves involved. While P90X3 uses the same equipment as P90X, P90X3 is designed to go fast because you’ll have a lot to do in only 30 minutes. And because P90X3 goes fast you will need lighter weights… The recommendation is 10–40 lbs. for guys, 5–25 lbs. for gals.
6. P90X vs P90X3: Insane Test Group Results
On this point I can’t only limit my comparison to only P90X versus P90X3 workout because of how great the P90X3 results were! In the P90X3 test group, 39 out of 40 individuals lost at least 10% body fat! No other Beachbody fitness test group ever got such amazing results. This surprised all the Beachbody staff and even Tony Horton. Don’t get me wrong… P90X will get you results… but the P90X3 test group just showed an incredible weight loss result.
7. P90X vs P90X3: The Nutrition Plan
The P90X Nutrition plan was made to be very rigid to help you get the best results possible. While P90X did offer an amazing menu and even a portion option, it was still fairly rigid. P90X3 now offers a broader range of options than before.
P90X3 offers a rigid option for those who like to track down everything they eat and also offers an option where you follow guidelines in order to decide what is best to eat. The idea behind the P90X3 Nutrition Plan is go back to the Power 90 eating plan and stick to good wholesome foods instead of being super strict with what you eat. Additionally, P90X3 offers vegan options, which was missing in P90X.
5 SIMILARITIES BETWEEN P90X AND P90X3
1. Tony Horton
It would not be a P90X workout without the expert, fitness trainer, Tony Horton. Love him or hate him… You need to admit that Tony Horton knows what he is doing. Yes, Tony makes some corny jokes but that’s a great way to distract you from the struggles of your workout.
2. Total Body Workout
Beachbody offers many workouts that mainly depend on cardio and some resistance moves in order to help you lose weight and get fit. While there is nothing wrong with that, that is not how Tony Horton rolls… Tony Horton believes in creating exercise programs that will help you in the real world and of course get you ripped.
Tony does not only focus on cardio or resistance moves but also includes endurance, flexibility, balance, and really works on your core. I don’t think there’s a better total body workout than the P90X workout series.
3. Muscle Confusion
Muscles Confusion is important in the P90X workout series because it will help you from hitting a plateau. The idea behind Muscle Confusion is to change up your workout routine before your body has time to adapt to the workouts. This will help you continue to lose weight and get in the best shape of your life!
Both P90X and P90X3 require the following minimum equipment:
- Dumbbells or resistance bands
- Pull up bar or resistance bands with a door attachment
And both P90X and P90X3 workout recommend the following equipment:
- Yoga Mat or Jump Mat
- Push Up Bars (Powerstands)
- P90X Chin-Up Max
- Yoga Blocks
5. Both P90x and the P90X3 Workout Will Get You results
It doesn’t matter which workout you choose… P90X or P90X3, both will get you amazing workout results… And as they say, both will get you ripped. P90X has out performed every workout on the market for years. P90X3 went back to proven principles from P90X and P90X2 in order to get you results in only 30 minutes a day. Best of all, the P90X3 test group showed that it works.
P90X OR P90X3? WHICH IS BEST FOR YOU?
When it comes to deciding between the P90X vs P90X3 workouts, there’s really only two questions to ask yourself:
- Do I have time to workout for 30 minutes or up to one hour?
- How intense can I handle my workout?
If you don’t have much time to workout, then P90X3 is for you…
- You’ll get the same type of workouts as P90X and you’ll get ripped like you did P90X but you’ll only be working out for 30 minutes a day.
- As a beginner, you may have to start a littler slower to get the moves right but then you can pick it up over time!
You may consider getting P90X over P90X3 for several reasons…
- If you have the time and are a athlete, then you may want something like P90X or even P90X2 to help you out perform the competition.
- If you’re new to working out and want to go at a slower pace, then P90X may be a better option for you if you can commit to about an hour a day.
Pick the Workout of your choice below to get FREE bonuses:
Personal P90X3 Review
After having gone through P90X3, I would love to share my P90X3 review…
Beginners be Cautious
There are several P90X3 reviews that simply state that P90X3 is great for everyone!… However, after going through Insanity, P90X, Insanity: MAX 30 and a few other Beachbody workouts, I believe the P90X3 workout is a pretty fast paced. This does not mean it’s impossible for a beginner to do. Even Tony Horton says that you can be 100 pounds overweight and do P90X3. (Check out what Tony says to Fitness Magazine)
If you’re new to working out, I would just caution you to know that you may not be able to keep up with all the moves at the begging. Over time though, you’ll be doing every P90X3 like a pro. So keep pressing play and trying every single day! If you’re looking for a short but intense workout, I recommend you look into the following short workouts:
However, if you love Tony Horton workouts, I say go for it. Personally, I love that Tony Horton makes workout programs that will help you lose weight and also be functional for daily living.
P90X3 is Awesome
If you’re truly ready for the P90X3 workout, then it is a great, intense workout. While everyone is different, I have greatly enjoyed my P90X workout because I have seen greater muscle definition with it. But, the workouts are long. I have been very happy with how P90X3 has given me the same feeling of a well done workout as P90X.
Plus, the P90X3 workout don’t repeat several of the same moves within one workout. Instead, P90X3 is one move, then another, then another, and another totally different move… you will not get bored with this workout. My personal P90X3 review is that P90X3 is a great addition to the P90X family because it offers the same quality as the original P90X.
P90X3 Equipment is Important
Much like I said in a P90X review in the past, equipment is very important and I believe dumbbells are more useful than resistance bands. I have used resistance bands because of lack of equipment but I hate it. Dumbbells provide:
- Greater range of motion.
- Allows you to better track your progress.
- And you can do more of the P90X3 balance moves that resistance bands won’t allow you to do.
Resistance bands are still great but I feel like I get better results with dumbbells and a pull-up bar.
How to Order Your P90X3 Workout!
In this P90X3 reviews article, you have had the chance to see the kind of results people have been getting with P90X3. If you’re short on time I think P90X3 will be a great investment for you. Like the original P90X, P90X3 is all about giving you a well balanced workout. It’s not just about helping you lose weight with cardio. Instead, P90X3 focuses on your cardio, your strength, your flexibility, and your balance…
Here are your P90X3 workout options:
|P90X3 Base Kit||P90X3 Challenge Pack||P90X3 Deluxe Kit||P90X3 Ultimate Kit|
|16 Base Workouts||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|5 Free Exclusive Gifts||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|90 Day Workout Calendar||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Free Workout: On One Leg||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|3 Elite Extreme Workouts||–||–||Y||Y|
|Elite Block Calendar||–||–||Y||Y|
|1 Month E&E Tub||–||–||Y||Y|
|3 B-Lines Resistance Bands||–||–||Y||Y|
|1 Month Results & Recovery Tub||–||–||–||Y|
|P90X Chin Up Bar||–||–||–||Y|
|P90X Chin Up Max||–||–||–||Y|
|Beachbody Jump Mat||–||–||–||Y|
|30 Day Access to Beachbody Club||–||Y||–||–|
|Price||Buy: $119.85||Buy: $205||Buy: $239.70||Buy: $329.55|
I believe your best deal is between the P90X3 Challenge Pack & the P90X3 Deluxe Kit…
The P90X3 Challenge Pack offers you a HUGE Savings in two ways.
- Shipping – Shipping for the P90X3 workout & Shakeology is over $28!!! The shipping for the Beachbody Challenge Pack is a flat $2!
- Shakeology – In a in depth Shakeology review, we found that Shakeology can you lose weight without exercising and can improve your health greatly. However, when you combine Shakeology with a workout program, you’ll lose weight faster and tone up your body at the same time! Normally Shakeology sells for $129.95 but with the Challenge Pack, you’re only paying an additional $85.15 when you buy P90X3 with Shakeology! In total, you”ll save over $70 when you buy the P90X3 Challenge Pack!
The P90X3 Deluxe Package is also a great deal because you get…
- 3 More Workouts – You’ll get all the workouts that Tony Horton created for the P90X3 program. The Elite workouts are what’s recommended after you complete the P90X3 Base Kit workouts.
- Energy and Endurance Tub (E&E Tub) – E&E is a pre-workout formula that will get you through tough workouts. Unlike other pre-workout formulas, this one is all natural and will not hurt your stomach.
- Resistance Bands – While I’m not a fan of resistance bands, this package includes them if you don’t have any resistance bands or dumbbells.