Shakeology Reviews: Unbiased 3rd Party Reviews
Where are all the Unbiased Shakeology Reviews? The Beachbody Shakeology shake has been making huge waves in the shake world ever since it came out in March 2009 and it’s time to see what the media is saying about it…
It has even been documented that while “sales of dietary supplements in multilevel marketing channels declined 1 percent in 2010, Beachbody’s Shakeology is growing 100 percent per year. By word of mouth.” (Bloomberg Business Week, 2012).
With such great success of Shakeology it will be easy to find Shakeology reviews…
However, it’s sometimes hard to tell if the reviews are from Beachbody Coaches or from every day Shakeology users.
There’s nothing wrong with Beachbody Coach Shakeology reviews but lets be honest, Beachbody Coaches get paid to sell Beachbody products and naturally will love Shakeology because it has several health benefits…
…BUT I wanted to offer you the chance to read Unbiased Shakeology reviews that are not from Beachbody Coaches.
Here’s what you’ll get in this post… Shakeology Reviews: Unbiased Reviewers:
- Meal Replacement Shakes Reviews.com
- Bloomberg Businessweek
- Discovery News
- Go Dairy Free.com
- The Oprah Magazine (O Magazine)
Shakeology Reviews: Unbiased Meal Replacement Shakes Reviews.com
Our first reviewer offers several meal replacement shakes reviews. At the time of writing this post they have reviewed just over 36 different meal replacement shakes…
Such meal replacement shakes reviews from MealReplacementShakeReviews.com include top names like:
Some information about about Meal Replacement Shake Reviews from their site:
Each review will give you the facts about it. Whether or not we liked it and the specifics of why or why not. If the shake is part of a full program, we will talk about the program as well because usually they build those to make their shake most effective. We’ll talk about cost analysis, nutrition analysis, how effective the hunger-blockers are and (most important for some of us) how it tastes.
Here is their unbiased Shakeology reviews:
Amazing!!! Out of over 36 popular meal replacement shakes, Beachbody Shakeology has come in at number 2!
Here are two important notes to consider about Meal Replacement Shake Reviews.com Unbiased Shakeology Reviews:
- Value: The cost is higher than your average meal replacement shake… If you only want a meal replacement shake, then I would not recommend Shakeology.
- There are several Shakeology ingredients that will not only help you feel full like a meal replacement but will also benefit your overall health, unlike standard meal replacement shakes.
- If you like, Beachbody does offer a meal replacement shake for $39.95, click here to check it out.
- Taste: Meal Replacement Shake Reviews.com reviewed the Greenberry Shakeology flavor. Several Shakeology reviews will place down Greenberry because it DID taste awful. As of May 2013, Beachbody updated the Greenberry formula to taste better and have more potent ingredients. Check out these Shakeology reviews on flavor.
Shakeology Reviews: Unbiased Bloomberg Businessweek Review
This is an interesting review because it describes what the Beachbody Shakeology shake is, what it offers, and a look into the business of Shakeology.
This article was published by Bloomberg Businessweek, titled The Adventures of Superfood Man on January 26, 2012.
While it doesn’t come to any hardcore conclusions there were a few great things you can take from it…
Here are a few quotes from the article:
- “A superfood, according to Olien’s Facebook page, is “a natural food regarded as especially beneficial because of its nutrient profile or its health-protecting qualities.”
- “Olien has cultivated the persona of Raider of Lost Nutritional Knowledge. “We aren’t discovering anything,” Olien says. “My greatest gift is showing up. Listening. Asking questions.”
- “The packaging for Shakeology features the slogan, “The Healthiest Meal of the Day,” but it may not be a true meal-replacement shake. While the Food and Drug Administration has no legal definition for meal-replacement powders, or MRPs, Olien says Beachbody may move away from the term so as not to get crosswise with industry standards.“
- “It (Shakeology) does qualify as a dietary supplement as well as a superfood supplement, and it vies with protein shakes such as Muscle Milk.”
- “…We look at all the science, the historical data, the literature, and make a SWAG. A scientific wild ass guess.” He (Beachbody’s chief science officer, Bill Wheeler) leans across his desk.
- “Sometimes you can’t wait for all the science. In 1853, a British naval surgeon said one lime a day would prevent scurvy. It was 1920 before we knew the active compound was vitamin C. If they had waited for the science, how many would have died in 70 years? There might not be a British Navy.”
Shakeology Reviews: Unbiased Discovery News Review
Discover News focused on Darin Olien and the Beachbody Shakeology ingredients on March 2012 in Nutritional “Indiana Jones” Searches Remote Jungles and Mountains for Super Foods.
What’s great about Shakeology reviews like Discovery News and Bloomberg Businessweek is that it’s not about taste or comparing it to other products but instead looking at what’s in Shakeology, learning about the quality of the ingredients, and learning about the health benefits.
Here’s what Discovery News reported with their Shakeology reviews of the ingredients:
“As the developer of Shakeology, the “healthiest meal of the day” shake from fitness behemoth BeachBody (the people who brought you P90X), Olien wanted only the absolute healthiest, most nutritional ingredients for the product.
Ingredients that have very powerful antioxidant and adaptogen abilities like acai berry, Camu-Camu, maca root, and Sacha Inchi.”
During his travels around the world in isolated villages, he meets with local medicine men and shamans to discover what foods they’ve been using to heal and promote health for centuries.
Foods that western civilization have never been exposed to but could hold the key to untold health and wellness.
“This is not us coming up with some magic effect from these foods,” he says. “It’s observing what these ingredients provide, and being humble to what these people have been using successfully for millennia. That’s the power.” – Darin Olien
Here’s one of Discovery News Shakeology reviews:
“Some of the 70 or so ingredients he has included in Shakeology have caused “incredible and profound” results according to Olien.
He’s seen people who were overweight with dangerously high cholesterol drop significant weight and 80 or more points on their cholesterol levels once they drink his shakes.
Enough that they can get off their prescription medications.”
Besides working with Shamans who have used superfoods for generations, Darin is working with Dr. William Li at the Angiogenesis Foundation.
They’ve found that some of these nutrients Olien found can actually inhibit angiogenesis, that means they can shut off the things that cause certain diseases, including cancer.
It’s simply amazing what Beachbody is placing into Shakeology so that we can benefit from these superfoods!
Shakeology Reviews: Unbiased Go Dairy Free.com Review
Go Dairy Free was first launched in 2005 by Alissa Fleming.
Back in 2005, there wasn’t a lot of information on living a dairy free life style and Alissa wrote about her journey and her findings…
And has even published a book titled Go Dairy Free: The Guide and Cookbook for Milk Allergies, Lactose Intolerance, and Casein-Free Living. With plans on releasing a second book in 2013.
Her site receives over 1.5 million visitors and over 4 million page views per year! And focuses on the following:
I do my best to keep the site updated with new recipes, product reviews, news, and FAQ’s each week to help with this growing need for non-dairy information.
Why did Alissa offer a Unbiased Shakeology review? She states: “I receive quite a few requests for dairy-free meal replacement drinks, and this new version of Tropical Strawberry Shakeology definitely tops my list of recommendations.”
Alissa Fleming’s Shakeology reviews of Vegan Shakeology flavors:
The Pros: Dairy-Free Nutrition, Diet-Friendly, Low Sugar
- It is fairly low calorie (160 per serving), but packs in so many nutrients including: 15 grams of protein from raw sprouted brown rice, 9 essential amino acids, prebiotics, probiotics, digestive enzymes, and loads of “superfood” ingredients for antioxidants.
- The vegan shakeology suits a variety of special diets.
- It is fairly low in sugar. It’s almost dessert-like and when blended, not bad compared to other options on the market.
The Cons: Rice Protein Texture, Cost, Too Sweet?
- Since it uses a brown rice protein base, it has that “powdery” texture. If you’ve had brown rice protein, then you know what I’m talking about. Some people love it. I’m not a big fan, but when blended into a smoothie, the texture mellows quite a bit.
- Shakeology strawberry is a little overly sweet in my opinion.
- This isn’t a cheap meal replacement! I can say it is out of my budget for regular purchase, but if it fits your needs, it may be worth the price tag.
- They pack a lot of info onto that packet, but fail to note if it does supply any of your days essential vitamins and minerals.
Alissa ended her review of Shakeology by stating:
“Though I would give the Strawberry Shakeology 4 stars, just knocking one star off for the cons noted above, I have since trialed the Chocolate Vegan Shakeology, which just nudges this review up to 5 stars.”
Shakeology Reviews: Unbiased The Oprah Magazine Review
This article appeared in O, the Oprah Magazine in the May 2011 issue.
The title of the article is GOOD MORNING WORLD! and is highlighted on the cover as: “6 Superfoods That Will Change the Way You Eat (And You’ve Never Heard of Them Before)”
Although not a review on Shakeology, you have to admit that it’s pretty impressive that the Oprah Magazine would take the time to write 13 pages on Darin Olien and the Shakeology ingredients!
Some important details to note about this article:
- This article was both unsolicited and non-endorsed by the folks at Beachbody.
- This is not a review on Shakeology itself.
- The only thing changed on this article was a link I added at the bottom of the article.
In this article you’ll go with O’s editor-in-chief, Susan Casey, who traveled with Darin Olien, the co-creator of Shakeology, through the rainforest, jungles, and mountains of Peru.
Susan Casey wrote the following about Shakeology:
No one understands Shakeology better than Olien, who created it in 2008, after Carl Daikeler, CEO of the fitness company Beachbody, challenged him to come up with a supplement to match the tagline The Healthiest Meal of the Day.
His customer was someone who wanted optimum wellness, wanted to lose weight, wanted cholesterol levels to drop-but had no intention of eating a platter of broccoli each day.
Daikeler gave Olien no limits on quality, no cost/revenue restrictions; the goal was to shoot the moon, to seek out and combine the most extraordinary plants, fruits, nuts, herbs-nature’s secret weapons.
And Olien found them: ashwagandha from China, cordyceps from Bhutan, yacon from Peru. An alphabet of vitamins and minerals from the purest sources.
Prebiotics. Probiotics. Green tea and grapeseed extracts, chlorella and spirulina and hydrilla, a spectrum of enzymes.
And why did Susan join Darin on his travels?… She has the following to say:
I wanted to see firsthand what he was up to because it sounded so incredible to me, so mysterious and even magical.
I wanted to taste these lost, powerful foods that had fueled warriors and emperors, plants with miraculous properties that had somehow almost vanished, disappearing beneath a sea of fast-food wrappers.
An amazing thing about Darin is the connection he makes with the farmers… Susan reported the following:
Olien’s relationship to his suppliers is a deeply personal one. He believes in cultivating relationships first, supporting indigenous practices, seeking the highest-quality products and paying generously for them.
The farmers he works with have become his close friends. “It’s fair trade on steroids,” he says of his approach.
Based on the Shakeology Reviews above, we can see that a lot of care was taken into what was placed into Shakeology. It was slapped together and chemically produced to be a meal replacement or a protein shake.
Instead, a lot of thought in research was placed into every single ingredient in Shakeology in order to give you most healthiest and beneficial health shake possible.
They only question now is, What flavor do you prefer?
Contact me with any questions you may have.
Enjoy your Shakeology!
Shakeology Reviews Savings Tip: You can get $2 shipping when you order with monthly auto-ship. Saves you just over $15!!!!
You can always change the flavor or pause your order….
Plus, if you didn’t enjoy Shakeology there’s no cost to cancel. Simply call Team Beachbody at 1-800-470-7870.
Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Have a great day!
Work With Me – Leaders Only
P.S. If you are looking for a way to increase your fitness, nutrition, social, and even occupational wellness, be sure to start with a FREE Team Beachbody Account and you will get support, motivation, and gain access to free tools to keep you on track with your wellness goals.
P.P.S. Check out these Shakeology Reviews Unbiased from Customers…
These people have been enjoying Shakeology every day and were more than happy to share the benefits they’ve received from Shakeology!
P.P.P.S. YES… Shakeology is also delivered to Canada now!
Check out this post to get the complete details: Shakeology in Canada? – Where to Buy Shakeology in Canada!
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!