Chocolate Shakeology vs Vega One… people are often looking for a Shakeology alternative but it can be hard to find because Shakeology is a complex formula.
People have claimed the following to be Shakeology substitutes:
- Whey Protein Powder
- Body by Vi Shakes
- Slim Fast
- And many more…
While each of the above can serve a purpose depending on your needs, they are NOT a Shakeology substitute…
Often, comparing Shakeology to other health shakes is like comparing a Average Joe to a Pro Athlete like Michael Phelps, it’s just not a fair comparison…
Recently, people have started asking how is Vega One compared to Shakeology?
Out of the shakes I have seen on the market so far, I think Vega One is the only one that may be comparable to Shakeology.
In this post, we’ll compare the Plant-Based Vega One Chocolate to Chocolate Vegan Shakeology.
Shakeology vs Vega One: The Problem in the Shake World
Rather you want to lose weight or improve your health, there are several different kinds of health shakes on the market that can do good for your health or even bad…
There is an issue in the shake world, however, because not all shakes are created equal.
Overall, there are three different kind of shakes that you can buy.
- Meal Replacement Shakes: Many meal replacement shakes are made with a very specific purpose, to replace a meal for the day and keep you full until your next meal. Meal replacement shakes are traditionally very cheap because they don’t have many ingredients. They normally include some source of protein and fiber to keep you full and are often fortified with vitamins and minerals to appear healthy. In the short term, they can often work great for weight loss.
- Protein Shakes: Protein shakes are used more for when you want to build muscle or to help with recovery after a workout. Often protein shakes are not really required unless you’re doing a strenuous workout.
- Health Shakes: Health shakes are a fairly new concept and are not looked on very much because of the high cost that normally comes with them. Unlike a meal replacement shake, health shakes are meant not only to provide you a nice healthy snack or meal but to also provide you with several nutrient groups that are lacking in most people’s diet. A health shake is often designed to offer several more benefits than a multivitamin will. Looking at the Nutritional Label of a health shake is the best way to determine the value of the shake.
As we compare Shakeology vs Vega One, it’s important to note that both of these are health shakes and are therefore going to cost a little more.
Additionally, both Vega One and Shakeology offer several health benefits that are NOT found in meal replacement and protein shakes.
Vega One Compared to Shakeology: The Health Benefit Claims
We can’t compare Vega One vs Shakeology until we also look at what each health shake is claiming.
Below are the health benefits claimed by both Vega One and Shakeology…
Benefits Stated of Vega One:
- Cover your key nutrient bases for optimal health
- Provide energy to sustain an active life
- Help metabolize fats, proteins and carbohydrates
- Support normal glucose metabolism
- Develop strong bones and teeth, and maintain healthy skin and eyes
- Facilitate proper muscle function and repair of connective tissue
- Promote natural, healthy intestinal flora
- Help support a healthy immune system
Benefits Stated of Shakeology:
- Proteins, Vitamins, and Minerals – to help reduce hunger and food cravings.
- Antioxidants and Phytonutrients – to help detoxify and protect the body against free radical damage that lead to degenerative diseases.
- Adaptogen Herbs – to help increase energy and combat stress.
- Prebiotics, Probiotics, Fiber, and Digestive Enzymes – to aid digestion and promote regularity.
I’m not going to lie, Vega looks to have several more benefits at first look… However, Shakeology is more straight to the point and let’s you know which nutrient groups in Shakeology provide those main benefits.
The only way to really see how Vega One compares to Shakeology is to actually look at the Nutritional Label.
Shakeology vs Vega One: What’s Really in Both Shakes?
We need to make this Vega One vs Shakeology report as fair as possible, therefore, we’re only going to compare both Chocolate flavors of Vega One and Shakeology.
The nutrition facts below does not state the exact amount of each blend. Instead the nutrition facts below is a summary of what can be found in Vega One Chocolate and Chocolate Vegan Shakeology.
- Vega One Chocolate: Made from natural, whole food ingredients. Vega One is free from dairy, gluten and soy, and contains no added sugar, artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners.
- Chocolate Vegan Shakeology: Uses only whole foods as its key ingredients. Contains no lactose, no dairy, no soy, no fructose, no added flavors or colors, and no artificial anything.
|Nutrition Group||Vega One Chocolate||Chocolate Vegan Shakeology|
|Total Fat||4 g||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||11 g||22 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g||5 g|
|Sugars||1 g||9 g|
|Protein||15 g||16 g|
|Protein Blend||Pea protein, SaviSeed™ (sacha inchi) protein, hemp seed protein, sprouted whole grain brown rice protein||Sacha Inchi, Chia, Flax, Quinoa, Amaranth, Brown Rice, Pea|
|Omega 3 Blend||Flax seed, chia seed||Not Stated.*|
|Green Blend||Chlorella (cracked cell, high CGF), alfalfa (grass), spinach (leaf), broccoli (floret), kale (leaf)||Moringa, Chlorella, Spirulina, Spinach, Barley Grass, Kamut Grass, Wheat Grass, Oat Grass|
|Antioxidant Blend||Grape seed extract, maqui berry, goji fruit, acai berry, pomegranate seed, mangosteen fruit||Camu-Camu, Acai, Acerola Cherry, Bilberry, Goji Berry, Green Tea, Luo Han Guo, Pomegranate, Rose Hips|
|Adaptogen Blend||None.||Ashwagandha, Astragalus, Cordyceps, Ginkgo, Maca, Maitake, Reishi, Schisandra, Tulsi (Holy Basil)|
|Probiotic Blend||Lactobacillus acidophilus La-14, Bifidobacterium bifidum Bb-02||Yacon Root, Lactobacillus Sporogenes|
|Digestive Enzyme Blend||Protease (plant and bacterial), aminopeptidase, HemiSEB (amylase, pectinase, phytase, hemicellulase)||Amylase, Cellulase, Lactase, Lipase, Protease, Bromelain, Papain|
|Vitamin and Minerals||Vitamin A (vitamin A palmitate), Vitamin B1 (thiamine HCl), Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (niacin), Vitamin B5 (calcium pantothenate), Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine HCl), Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin), Vitamin C (calcium ascorbate) , Vitamin D (ergocalciferol), Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopheryl acetate), Vitamin K (phytonadione), Biotin, Folate (folic acid), Calcium (calcium phosphate tribasic), Chromium (chromium citrate), Copper (copper citrate), Iodine (potassium iodide), Iron (ferric pyrophosphate), Magnesium (magnesium citrate), Manganese (manganese citrate) , Molybdenum (molybdenum citrate), Phosphorus (calcium phosphate tribasic, potassium phosphate dibasic), Potassium (potassium phosphate), Selenium (selenium citrate), Zinc (zinc citrate dihydrate), Organic gelatinized maca root (Lepidium meyenii), Inulin (Cichorium intybus) root||None Stated.*|
|Superfood Blend||None.||Sprouted brown rice protein, Pea protein, Coconut flower nectar, Cacao, Konjac, Maca root (Lepidium meyenii), Yacon root (Smallanthus sonchifolius), Sacha inchi (Plukenetia volubilis, seed), Sprouted chia (Salvia hispanica, seed), Apple pectin (Ma/us pumila, fruit), MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane), Pomegranate (Pun/ca granatum, fruit), Spirulina (Arthrospira platens/s, Arthrospira maxima, whole), Chlorella (Ch/ore/la sp I whole), Acerola cherry (Malpighia glabra, fruit), Astragalus root (Astragalus membranaceus), Bilberry (Vaccinium sp., fruit), Sprouted flax (Linum usitatissimum, seed), Goji berry (Lycium barbarum), Moringa (Moringa oleifera, leaf), Himalayan salt, Cinnamon powder, Quinoa (Chenopodium quinoa, seed), Camu-Camu (Myrciaria dub/a, fruit), Acai (Euterpe oleracea, fruit), Pea fiber (P/sum spp., seed), Blueberry (Vaccinium angustifolium, fruit), Cordyceps (Cordyceps sinensis, fungi), Enzyme blend (Protease, Amylase, Cellulase, Lipase, Papain, Lactase, Bromelain), Ashwagandha root (Withania somnifera), Maitake mushroom (Grifola frondosa), Lactobacillus sporogenes (as Bacillus coagulans), Luo Han Guo (Momordica grosvenori swingle), Spinach (Spinacia oleracea, leaf), Reishi mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum), Tulsi (Holy basil, Ocimum sanctum, leaf), Citrus bioflavonoids, Green tea (Camellia sinensis, leaf), Rose hips (Rosa canina, fruit), Schisandra (Schisandra spp , fruit), Amaranth (Amaranthus hypochondriacus, seed), Barley grass juice (Hordeum vulgare), Kamut grass juice (Triticum turanicum), Oat grass juice (Avena sativa), Wheat grass juice (Triticum aestivum), Ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba, leaf).|
|Other Ingredients||Natural Dutch cocoa powder, natural chocolate, cocoa flavors, xanthan gum, stevia leaf extract.||Tapioca and Stevia.|
*Shakeology gains all it’s nutrients from plant sources. Vitamins and minerals are not stated because it can vary from sourcing and no vitamin and minerals isolates are used to guarantee a certain amount. Flax seed and chia seeds are used in Shakeology but there is no guarantee of Omega 3.
Both Vega One and Shakeology offer a huge list of ingredients.
Shakeology only beats out Vega One by providing several Super Food ingredients that are not offered anywhere else.
In fact, Discovery News wrote about Darin Olien, creator of Shakeology, and how he interacts with several different medicine man and other ancient civilizations in order to find the ingredients that are in Shakeology.
While Vega One covers a few of the everyday ingredients you can find at your local supermarket, Shakeology took it on itself to find whole-food, superfoods from around the world to benefit your health.
From a nutritional standpoint of Shakeology vs Vega One, it’s easy to see how Shakeology offers several more super food ingredients that will greatly benefit your health.
Shakeology vs Vega One: The Cost Differences
While comparing Vega One vs Shakeology, it’s also important to remember we are comparing two Health Shakes.
We’re not comparing meal replacement or protein shakes, which cost much less to produce.
Both Shakeology and Vega One are premium health shakes.
The Costs! Shakeology vs Vega One:
|Chocolate Vegan Shakeology||Vega One Chocolate|
|Number of Servings||30||20|
|Cost per Container||$129.95||$69.99|
|Cost per Serving||$4.33||$3.50|
That is amazing! For only $0.83 more per serving, you can be enjoying the health benefits from the super foods offered in Shakeology. The same superfoods that ancient civilizations have been using in order to maintain their health.
Shakeology vs Vega One: Key Differences
After looking over all the differences above, it’s time to really tell the difference between Shakeology vs Vega One.
These key differences will determine which health shake is really best for you…
- Vega One Pros:
- Offers Omega 3 Blend
- 5 Flavors: Chocolate, Berry, Vanilla Chai, French Vanilla, Natural
- Vega One Cons:
- Tastes Horrible (Has a strong green taste. Like sea weed or broccoli.)
- No Superfood blend
- No Adaptogens
- Fortified with Vitamins and Minerals
- Shakeology Pros:
- Great Taste
- Several Nutrition Groups (Antioxidants, Adaptogens, Probiotics, Digestive Enzymes)
- Only uses Non-GMO foods
- Vegan Flavors Get’s All Their Nutritional Value from Whole Food ingredients
- 7 Flavors: Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, Greenberry, Cafe Latte, Tropical Strawberry (Vegan), Chocolate Vegan
- Shakeology Cons:
- Costs More
Shakeology vs Vega One: Which Should You Buy?
There you have it, after comparing Shakeology vs Vega One, we find that both are pretty pricey but Shakeology offers the most nutrition groups of the two.
Additionally, Shakeology includes super foods that have been used by ancient civilizations that helps promote health and overall well-being.
For example, here are just 4 Super Foods found in Shakeology and their benefits:
- Moringa is rich in Vitamin C, Calcium, Vitamin A, Protein, Potassium and Iron. Moringa has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties and is known to promote energy, vitality, athletic performance, and weight loss—while boosting the immune system and protecting against disease.
- Coconut Flower Nectar is the sweet, nutrient-rich nectar produced by coconut blossoms. It contains 17 amino acids, minerals, and vitamin C, has a broad spectrum of B vitamins, and is high in potassium, magnesium, zinc, and iron. It’s also loaded with inulin, a prebiotic fiber, which feeds our intestinal flora and helps boost digestive and immune functions.
- Luo Han Guo is said to be 300 times sweeter than cane sugar and could have a positive impact on coughs and other respiratory ailments. And recent research has revealed that it may work as an antioxidant to help eliminate free radicals that can cause serious health concerns.
- Himalayan salt is the “healthy” salt, containing more than 70 trace minerals, and may help prevent acne and tooth decay.
While Vega One is a great health shakes, there’s no denying that Shakeology offers more ingredients that can benefit your health.
If you’re interested in savings close to $15, then order with monthly auto-ship. You can cancel or change your Monthly Auto-ship order at no cost to you at any time.
Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.
Have a great day!
Work With Me – Leaders Only
P.S. If you are looking for a way to increase your fitness, nutrition, social, and even occupational wellness, be sure to start with a FREE Team Beachbody Account and you will get support, motivation, and gain access to free tools to keep you on track with your wellness goals.
P.P.S. Check out the following Shakeology Reviews:
- Get Healthier Hair, Skin, Nails — Tami F., ME — “One of the things I’ve noticed is my fingernails grow like crazy and my hair is growing like a weed. Love it!”
- Reduce Headaches — Mindy K., MI — “I used to have headaches every day. I started drinking Shakeology and RIGHT AWAY felt a change in energy. I haven’t had daily headaches since.”
- Reduce Cravings — Vanessa I., PA –“After using Shakeology for a month I feel energized, I have less cravings throughout the day, and have even lost about 5 pounds!”
- Lower Cholesterol — Lois H., KY– “My husband was drinking Shakeology, losing weight, lowering his cholesterol by 90 points, and feeling great.”
- Balance Blood Sugar — Shannon C., RI — “I’ve been a type 1 diabetic for 30 years. I drink it before I do my workouts and it sustains a healthy blood sugar level for me all the way to the end.”
P.P.S. I was asked if Shakeology truly is GMO Free. You can learn more in the following Shakeology Review. Here’s Beachbody’s official answer to: “Are Shakeology, The Ultimate Reset, or 3-Day Refresh Certified GMO-Free?”
They are not certified GMO-Free. However, special care has been taken in the formulation of all supplements to exclude GMO based ingredients such as soy, canola and corn. The supplier is required to provide documentation to Beachbody on their position on GMO ingredients.
The possibility of obtaining a third party certification is currently being evaluated for Shakeology.