Many people search everyday how to lose weight fast. As a result, the weight loss industry is filled with products that make huge promises but often deliver next to no results. While there are many ways to lose weight fast, they are not all safe to do. Some fast weight loss methods are just straight out dangers to even attempt. While you may end up losing a few pounds fast, there may be a cost to your current health or possibly long term health… Here you will find 150+ Weight Loss Tips are scientifically backed and others proven to work from people who lost over 100 pounds!
These quick ways to lose weight are considered safe and effective. As you go through everything here, you will find the best way to lose weight fast for yourself. Not everyone is the same and therefore you need to find the right, healthy weight loss solution for you…. Enjoy!
150+ Tips to Lose Weight Quickly
These are the most effective tips for losing weight. Here’s what’s really important to keep in mind when going over these quick weight loss tips, there’s NOTHING NEW about weight loss. Many companies will claim left and right that they have the newest and best way to lose weight but it’s still grounded on core weight loss fundamentals. With the most important weight loss tip being that you watch what you eat.
These scientifically backed rapid weight loss tips will help you start your weight loss journey in no time at all!
Tips On How To Lose Weight Before Even Trying
These tips to lose weight fast are here to prepare you for your weight loss journey. That’s right, there’s a few things you need to do before even trying to lose weight. These tips on weight loss will get you in the right mind set so that you can achieve your weight loss goals.
1. Have a Clear Goal in Mind: The best way to lose weight fast is by having a clear goal in mind from the start. Write down how much weight you want to lose and by when. With this weight loss goal in mind, set up steps that will get you there. Maybe your weight loss plan will include these tips on how to lose weight, may be not. Whatever the case may be, keep reading to determine the best way to lose weight for you!
2. Determine WHY You Want to Lose Weight: Anyone can say they want to lose weight but if you don’t know why you want to lose weight then you’ll never actually lose weight. And simply saying you want to lose weight is not good enough. You need to have an emotional connection with your WHY. Losing weight can be tough, don’t make it tougher by not knowing why you’re even trying!
3. Take a Real Before Photo: You’ll be more motivated by physically seeing your progress than by looking at a scale every day. You can even take a picture at the end of every week and see your progress. Having a photo is the best way to track your weight loss because sometimes the scale will not change in number, yet your body is changing to look sexier and leaner!
4. For Healthy Weight Loss, Don’t Follow Fad Diets: Fad diets are those that try to reorganize the food pyramid so that you eat more of one food group or try to totally eliminate a food group all together. Yes, you may get some results at first, but they will ultimately lead you to gaining back all the weight and possibly even gaining more back!… Here’s something scary… People who “diet” tend to gain more weight over time, and studies show that dieting is a consistent predictor of future weight gain (Nih.gov). Instead of relying on a special diet, make healthier choices every day of your life. This way you you become a healthier, happier, and fitter person!
5. Keep Track of Your Calories: People often want an easy way to lose weight, which is impossible. The ONLY easy way to lose weight is with surgery because then you don’t need to do anything. However, if you don’t change your lifestyle and continue eating like you did before, you’ll gain the weight back in no time at all… To really lose weight, you’ll need to do some work. One important thing to keep track of is your calories! This will make or break you. If you don’t do this, then you might as well forget about losing weight. (Weight Loss Calorie Calculator Here)
“Even if you write it down on a napkin and end up throwing it away, the act of writing it down is about being accountable to yourself and is a very effective tool for weight loss,” says Bonnie Taub Dix, MA, RD, author of Read It Before You Eat It
If you don’t want to write down everything, then take a record of what you eat by taking pictures of EVERYTHING you eat. This will make you more conscious about what you place into your mouth. Plus, it will allow you to easily review everything you eat every day.
6. Never Eat Less Than 1,200 Calories1: Once you eat below 1,200 calories for too long, your body will go into starvation mode. This means that your body will begin to slow down your metabolism (you burn less calories), your body begins to store everything you eat (because your body thinks it may not get food later), and your body begins to destroy muscle tissue for energy instead of fat.
7. 3,500 Calories is 1 Pound Lost: Here’s another reason you need to keep track of calories. When you burn or eat at a calorie deficit, you can lose one pound for every 3,500 calories. Once you figure out how many calories you need to eat to maintain your weight, simply subtract 500 calories from your daily requirement in order to lose about one pound every week! Any good weight loss diet plan will help you figure out how many calories you need to be taking in.
8. Set a Few Simple Goals Every Morning: A quick way to lose weight is by setting little goals to do every single day. Rather it’s 10 push ups in the morning, working out for 5 minutes longer, or eating more vegetables… Make simple goals that you can accomplish and add on every single day.
9. Reward System: Decide how you’re going to reward yourself every week or month when you achieve your small goals. Rather it be eating correctly for a week, losing 2 pounds in a week, or working out 5 days out of the week. Give yourself a little reward once you accomplish a smaller goal that’s leading to your large goal. For example, a new book, a spa treatment, some new clothes, or anything else you find rewarding that’s NOT food related.
10. The Anti-Reward: Don’t care much for rewards? Studies have shown that we are actually more motivated from preventing loss than gaining something. So find something that would cause you to lose out. For example, if you can’t exercise 5 days in a week or eat right for the whole week, then you will donate $100 to a cause you don’t believe in. It has to be in something you don’t believe in because you have to make this hurt. Or give $100 to someone who isn’t deserving! Check out this site for some help: StikK.com
11. Be Aware of Food Addiction: A study completed in 2014 of 196,211 individuals found that 19.9% of people fulfill the criteria for food addiction (Nih.gov). If you suffer through cravings that are so strong that you can’t overcome them, then you may be food addict. If this is the case, seek help because all the weight loss tips in the world will not help you until you deal with your addiction.
12. Tap into Your Emotional Well Being: A 2015 Orlando Health survey found that people have trouble losing weight and keeping it off because of their mood. For example, during times of stress, sadness, or other negative emotions; people may eat foods that they shouldn’t. In order to see if you fall into this category, write down how you feel when you eat. A good place to put this in is in your Food Journal. Once you see a pattern of how you feel and what you eat, you can take steps to create new and positive coping strategies. For example, taking a walk instead of eating a tub of ice cream.
13. Don’t Go On a Diet if You’re Stressed: Being on a lot of stress will not allow you to lose weight easily. If anything, this will cause you more stress because you’ll feel limited on what you can eat.
Tips on How to Lose Weight and Keep It Off
People often ask: “what can i do to lose weight fast?”, well here’s a few things you can do right now that are great to help you lose weight and can be beneficial to your health in the long term if you continue following these simple tips.
14. Eat More Vegetables: All weight loss meal plans must include vegetables because they are high in nutrition and super low in calories. Think about it… We only feel hungry because our bodies need nutrition. Once our bodies get the nutrition it desires, the hunger goes away. And if you eat nothing but crap, it’s going to take a lot of crap to finally feel full. Additionally, studies show that people who eat vegetables and fruits tend to weigh less (Nih.gov).
15. Eat Breakfast: People who eat breakfast, will eat less during the rest of the day. Try eating more protein at the beginning of the day so that you’ll feel fuller longer. Studies show that replacing a grain-based breakfast with eggs can help you eat fewer calories for the next 36 hours, and lose more weight and more body fat (Nih.gov, Nature.com).
16. Drink More Water: You’ve heard this before in many other tips for losing weight fast… And it’s true… The quickest way to lose weight is to drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. This is important because water helps you efficiently metabolize fat. When you don’t have enough water in your diet to lose weight, you’re slowing down the fat loss process. In fact, Drinking water can boost metabolism by 24-30% over a period of 1-1.5 hours, helping you burn off a few more calories (Nih.gov, Endocrine.org).
17. Stop Drinking Soda: If you love drinking soda every day, the fastest way to lose weight is for you to stop! And also stop drinking sugary drinks… It doesn’t matter if it’s Diet and says 0 calories! Many people who stop drinking soda and other sugary drinks often lose up to 10 pounds with no effort at all beyond that!
18. Stop Drinking Your Calories: If you need to lose weight fast (this falls under fast weight loss tricks), you need to stop drinking your calories entirely! This is mainly soda like mentioned before but also juices. Juices have been found to have as much sugar as a soft drink like coke (TheLancet.com). Additionally, research has shown that drinking calories is not the same as eating calories. Think about it, eating a nice healthy sandwich will be about 600 calories and about 3 cans of coke will be about the same… However, the sandwich will have you feeling full, while you’ll still want something to eat if you only drink coke. Meal replacement shakes DO NOT fall under here, those are designed to help you feel full.
19. Get Tempting Foods Out Of The House: This means get rid of a all junk food in the house… Chips, candy, frozen dinners, soft drinks, juices, and anything else that has almost no nutritional value what so ever. By getting rid of the junk food, you’ll greatly decrease the desire to snack on something you shouldn’t be eating… Besides, with the proper weight loss meal plan, you will feel full all day so you don’t need the unhealthy and salty snacks!
20. Do Not Binge at Home: Have trouble controlling how much you eat of your favorite food? For example, ice cream or other treats… Then do not have it around your house. Instead, eat those foods only when you go out to eat.
21. Eat Only From a Plate: The best weight loss plan includes you eating the correct amount of food and the way you track that is by making sure you can account for everything you eat. So never stand in front of a frig snacking on foods or walking around looking for something to snack on!
22. Eat From a Smaller Plate: If you’re not following a weight loss meal plan, then you need to at least start eating less food. You can achieve this by using smaller plates. Normally dinner plates range from 10 to 14 inches and the bad thing about this is that many of us will fill this plate with food. Instead, you want to use a salad plate that’s about 7 to 9 inches wide, which will help you not to eat so much. WebMD stated the following: “A smaller plate full of food just feels more satisfying than a large plate with that same amount of food on it.”
23. Eat Only One Serving: Often one serving is more than enough to help you feel full. In order to achieve this, make sure that you don’t place any extra food on the table for people to get seconds. By having the food right in front of you, you’ll feel like you have to eat more. Remember to pace yourself, your mind takes 20 minutes to find out it’s full.
24. Don’t Focus on What You Can’t Have: Instead of focusing on what you can’t eat, focus on what you can eat. For example, more vegetables, lean meats, whole grains, fish, legumes, nuts, and fruits.
25. Start Preparing Your Own Meals in Advance: The best way to lose weight fast is by taking into account everything you eat. The best way to do this is by preparing your own meals in advance. Many people plan 5-7 days in advance so that they know what they’re eating every single day.
26. Keep Healthy Foods Around in Case You Get Hungry: Too far to your next healthy meal? Then make sure to always have a few healthy choices around you to prevent you from picking unhealthy foods. A few possible snacks includes: whole fruits, a handful of nuts, baby carrots, yogurt, or a hard boiled egg (or two).
27. Stick to a Few of Your Favorite Meals: Weight loss can be very easy by simply repeating and rotating a few simple meals that you know are the right serving size for your weight loss goals. For example, many people who go through the 21 Day Fix system, will prepare their foods in advance like those below:
28. Keep Your Hands Busy: Love munching while watching TV? Then find something to keep your hands busy. For example, take up knitting, sewing, doing your nails, or anything else you can think of!
29. Cravings Go Away: On average, most craving go away after 20 minutes. This means you need to find something to distract you until that junk food craving passes by.
30. Get the Healthy Alternative: Craving some junk that just won’t go away? Then find a similar but healthier alternative. There are many healthy recipes online that are healthy alternatives to what you’re craving!
31. Swap Your Go to Meals: Have a go to meal that’s made up of a lot of carbs? Change this meal for something that has less carbs and possibly something with a lean protein. Making this simple switch will help add up to a big difference.
32. Don’t Eat While Watching TV: A recent study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that paying attention while eating can aid weight loss efforts while distracted eating can lead to a long-term increase in food consumption. This means, you need to start eating at a table so that you can concentrate on how much you’re eating. So, stay away from eating when watching TV or any other form of entertainment.
Cooking Tips to Lose Weight at Home
Here are a few easy weight loss tips that you can make use of in your kitchen. Losing weight is all about eating right and these weight loss tips will help you accomplish that.
33. When Eating Tuna: Tuna is a healthy and lean protein source. In order to save up to a 1/3 of your calories, pick water packed tuna over the oil packed.
34. Sauté Foods: When you sauté foods use non-stick cooking spray. If you have none, use a paper towel to rub oil onto your pan so that you have the lightest possible coating.
35. Cook with Coconut Oil: While there are several healthy oils on the market, one of the more healthier ones is coconut oil, which is high in special fats called medium chain triglycerides, these are metabolized differently than other fats. These fats have been shown to boost metabolism by 120 calories per day, shrink your waistline, and also reduce your appetite so that you eat up to 256 fewer calories per day (Nih.gov, Nih.gov).
36. Add Coconut Oil to Rice! Still can’t give up the white rice? Here’s some good news for you. By adding coconut oil to your rice, you can cut up to 60% of your calories. Here’s how to cook rice now:
Add a teaspoon of coconut oil and a half cup of non-fortified white rice to a pot of boiling water. Cook it for about 40 minutes, stick it in the refrigerator for 12 hours, and enjoy the rice either cold or reheated.
Why does this work?… When the rice begins to cool, its glucose molecules form tight bonds called resistant starch. This type of starch, as the name implies, is resistant to digestion, meaning the body is not able to absorb as many calories or as much of the glucose (a nutrient that’s stored as fat if it’s not burned off) from each molecule. Now, as the rice cooks, the fat molecules from the coconut oil find their way into the rice and act as an additional digestion barrier. Best of all, the research team found that reheating the rice didn’t change the levels of resistant starch (as it does with pasta and potatoes), so this calorie-slashing cooking hack is safe for leftovers, too.
37. Sweets & Treats: If you have any sweets or any other “junk food” around for your family or guests, do not buy your favorite ones. This way you’re not as tempted to eat it yourself.
38. Invest in Single Serving Containers: Having single serving containers allows you to easily pack left overs for a later meal. Additionally, these containers can be used to prepare several meals in advance. Click here to compare the Top Selling Containers at Amazon…
39. Use a Tiny Spoon While Sampling: If you’re sampling a lot when cooking, simply eat less during that meal. These “little” tastes you have while cooking can often lead to several extra calories.
40. Cool Your Toast & Basked Potatoes: When using butter on toast and baked potatoes, let them cool off a little so that it doesn’t absorb much butter.
41. Chew Sugarless Gum: When cooking, chew on sugarless gum so that you’re not tempted to nibble on what you’re cooking.
42. Switch to Mustard: Mustard has no fat vs 11g in 1 Tbsp of mayonnaise.
43. Shop at the Perimeter of the Store: By walking around the perimeter of the grocery store, you’ll find the fresh fruit, vegetables, chicken, fish, eggs, and dairy. Only go into the inside aisle with a list of what you need.
44. Stop Frying Your Meats: Don’t fry your fish, poultry or other cuts of lean meat. Only broil, roast or grill them.
45. Give Away Temptation: After a dinner party, pack up your desserts and give it away to your visitors. This way you’re not stuck with eating it.
46. Flavor Your Meals: Try changing up your meals by using fresh or dried herbs and spices, salsa, vinegar or lemon.
47. Pile on the Veggies: Try creating healthy alternatives of what you love to eat and when possible add on extra vegetables! Adding extra vegetables will help you feel fuller, faster.
48. Make Only One Meal: If you have a family don’t try to make your own healthy meal and then have a separate meal for the rest of your family. It’s best to have everyone eating the same thing. This way you don’t get tempted to try something you shouldn’t be eating.
49. Plan, Plan, Plan: Not having healthy options in mind or on hand makes it easy to resort to unhealthy options. Especially when you have a family. Plan meals ahead of time so that you can stay on course!
Best Way to Lose Weight When Eating Out
Many meal plans for weight loss will often not let you eat out, especially at fast food joints because they are high in fat, sodium, and of course calories. However, if you must eat out, here are few tips on how to lose weight fast while eating out…
50. Eat At Least 90% of Your Meals At Home: People looking for the best way to lose weight fast have to make their own meals because the portion sizes that restaurants serve are crazy! Many times one meal out includes all the calories you should have eaten throughout the day. So make your own healthy and delicious meals at home whenever possible.
51. Research in Advance: Know which restaurant you’re going to in advance? Then check out their menu online. Many restaurants place the calorie count and other nutritional information online. Find the healthiest meal you can get.
52. Wear Tight Clothes: When going out wear tight fitting under clothes or tighten your belt. This feeling of restriction will send “stuff” signals to your brain… Think about it, we often loosen our belts when we get too full… Tighten up one time so that you feel full 😉
53. Refuse the Bread Basket: Many places severe some amazing bread but this is not good for your diet. It’s best not to have it on your table then try to limit yourself, which can often fail.
54. Don’t Eat With Large Groups of People: A study published in the Journal of Physiological Behavior discovered that we tend to eat more when we eat with other people because we tend to spend more time at the table. However, eating with your family allows you to spend time talking in between bites, which will help cut down on how much you eat.
55. Order First: If eating in a group, be the first to order so that you don’t feel pressured to order something else based on what others order.
56. Order the Smallest Portion Possible: If you’re looking for the fastest way to lose weight you need to cut down on your calories. Do this by buying the smaller sized item, possibly even ordering from the kids menu. Remember, many of us will keep eating simply because there is food in front of us. You can avoid this by not having a lot of food in front of you!
57. When You Eat Out, Split a Meal: Looking for easy weight loss tips? Here’s one and it’ll save you money! As mentioned earlier, the portion sizes at restaurants are HUGE! So much so that it can easily fill at least two people, so split your meal with someone else. Saves you calories and saves you money!
58. Save Food At Restaurants: Don’t have someone to share your large meal when you eat out? Here’s a simple weight loss tip, tell your waitress to package half your meal to go. This way you don’t end up eating more than you should and you’ll have food for another meal!
59. Restaurant Keywords To Look For: When deciding what to eat at a restaurant, look for the following keywords in the description: grilled, baked, sauteed, steamed, over-fried, roasted, marinara, and primavera. Although most restaurant foods will still be high in calories and salt content, you can at least choose these healthier options.
60. Don’t Eat Your Kids Left Overs: It will be difficult to see food thrown away but every single bite counts when you’re trying to lose weight. Either save the leftovers or give them to your dog.
61. Sub in Veggies When You Eat Out: Many restaurants now offer the option to have a small side salad or steamed veggies instead of fries. If they don’t, you can still ask. This is a great way to eat healthier and don’t tell yourself that you just won’t eat your fries because once they’re in front of you, it will be too tempting to ignore.
62. Eating a Sandwich? First off, you should be using whole wheat bread over white bread and second have your sandwich be open faced. This means taking off the top piece of bread. This alone can safe you 70 to 90 calories. If you’re still feeling hungry, eat some baby carrots or sugar snap peas. These veggies are loaded with fiber and water, which can help aid satiety and weight loss efforts.
63. Don’t Order the Salmon! Many people have heard that salmon is packed with heart healthy omega-3s and belly flattening protein. However, this is talking about Wild Salmon. Currently, about 90% of the salmon eaten in the United States is farmed salmon, not from nature. As a result, unlike the proteins and fats that can truly help you lose weight, farmed salmon can have the opposite effect on your weight loss journey. Either ask if the salmon is farmed or wild, or simply stay away from it.
64. Ask For Salad Dressing on the Side: Rather you’re eating a salad or another meal that contains a sauce, make sure to have the sauce placed on the side so that you control how much you actually eat. When eating a salad, dip your fork in the dressing first before getting some salad to eat. Do not pour the salad dressing on your salad.
65. Buffet or Dinner Party?: When you have the option to serve yourself at a buffet or dinner party, look at everything that’s available first. Determine what high calorie food you want the most and only fill a quarter of your plate with this food. The remainder of your plate save for lighter foods like cut up vegetables, hummus, grilled chicken, and so on…
66. Cut Back a Different Meal: Ended up eating too much on one of your meals? Then make sure to cut back on the other meals you have left in your day.
67. Avoid the Health Halo: Do you believe products from specialty supermarkets to be healthier than those from other grocery stores? Or do you think dishes from organic or vegan restaurants are better for your waistline? If you answered yes to these questions, you could be ruining your chances of losing weight! According to the Journal of Consumer Research, most people believe that a sandwich at a “healthy” restaurant will have 35% less calories than that of a “unhealthy” restaurant. Remember to still check the Nutrition Label, no matter where you get your food.
Healthy Ways to Lose Weight
Here are a few more foods to eat for weight loss and some not to eat. Again, this is not etched in stone, however, most meal plans for weight loss will have these guidelines and several others.
68. Eat Water Rich Foods to Eat Less Calories: Research from Pennsylvania State University found that eating water rich foods like zucchini, tomatoes, cucumbers, soups, and salads reduces the number of calories you take in by helping you feel full. Remember, simply drinking water will not make you feel full because your body uses two different mechanisms to process solids and liquids.
69. Avoid White Foods (Refined Carbs): There is some truth behind eliminating carbs in order to lose weight. However, you should be eliminating or greatly decreasing the unhealthy carbs like white flour, white rice, and of course white sugar. Instead, you need to be eating whole-grain breads and brown rice. In a study by Harvard, 74,000 women who ate more than two daily servings of whole grains were 49% less likely to be overweight than those who ate the white stuff. Additionally, refined carbs can spike blood sugar rapidly, leading to hunger, cravings and increased food intake a few hours later. And eating refined carbs is strongly linked to obesity (AAPublications.org, Nutrition.org, Wiley.com).
70. Low Carb Diets Superior: A review published by PLOS One discovered that when it comes to reducing cardiovascular risk AND promoting rapid weightless, a low-carb diet is superior to low-fat diets. If you’re not sure what is the best way to lose weight fast, look into low carb diets first because you’ll lose weight faster and it’ll be beneficial to your overall health.
71. Swap Your Noodles: Here’s a quick way to lose weight, change the type of noodle that you eat. The average American consumes 20 pounds of pasta every year and most of it is the refined white stuff! The problem with eating this refined noodle is that it’s completely void of fiber and protein, both of which are needed for weight loss. To boost your weight loss efforts, switch to a bean based noodle like Banza Chickpea Shells (2 oz, 190 calories, 8 g fiber, 14 g protein) or Explore Asian Black Bean Low-Carb Pasta (2 oz 180 calories, 12 g fiber, 25 g protein).
72. Cut Back on Added Sugar: Most people are now eating way too much added sugar and may not even know about it. Studies have shown that sugar (and high fructose corn syrup) consumption is strongly associated with the risk of obesity, as well as type 2 diabetes, heart disease and others (Nutrition.org, JamaNetwork.com, Nih.gov). Make sure to cut back on added sugar by reading the label. Even items marketed as healthy foods are often high in sugar!
73. Lose The Salt: On tips to lose weight articles, you’ll see this come up several times because salt makes you retain water which makes you look and feel bloated! The recommended amount of salt per day is about 1 teaspoon but many of us get too much. And a lot of times we won’t suspect the foods that have a lot of salt like canned foods, soups, salad dressings, salted snacks, fast foods, and so on. Read the nutrition labels!
74. Cycle Your Carbs: Start looking at carbs as fuel for your body. If you’re going to be exercising or doing a lot of physical activity, then you may want to eat more carbs on those days. If you’re not exercising or doing very much work, then eat less carbs.
75. Eat More Protein: Replace refined carbohydrates with lean proteins like fish, lean ground turkey or ground beef, and chicken. Eating a high protein diet has been shown to boost metabolism by 80 to 100 calories per day and at the same time making you feel satisfied so that you eat 441 fewer calories per day (Nih.gov, Nih.gov, Nutrition.org). One study even showed that protein at 25% of your daily calories reduced obsessive thoughts about food by 60%, while cutting the desire for late night snacking in half (Nih.gov).
76. Can’t Eat Enough Protein? If you can’t eat enough protein, then you need a protein supplement. Research has shown that replacing part of your calories with whey protein can cause weight loss of about 8 pounds, while increasing lean muscle mass (Nih.gov).
77. Keep High Protein Snacks Handy: You already know the importance of protein in your weight loss diet. Here’s yet, another benefit. Having high protein snacks handy can boost your energy faster than a high calorie snack. This protein snack will also be more satisfying.
78. Spread Out Your Protein: The majority of Americans eat most of their protein at the end of their day. However, according to University of Texas researchers, when you consume your protein can make or break how much lean muscle mass you’re able to pack on. By spreading your protein throughout your day, you’ll get a 25% higher protein synthesis than those who eat the majority of their protein for dinner. As a side note, diet experts say you should be getting one gram of protein per kilogram of body weight to aid muscle growth and weight loss. This can vary depending on your weight loss goals and the type of fitness program you decide to follow.
79. Switch to Regular Coffee: Many people enjoy fancy coffee drinks because of the several calories that come from whole milk, whipped cream, sugar, and other sugary syrups. On the flip side, a regular cup of coffee with skim milk has just a small fraction of those calories. Additionally, studies have shown that the caffeine in coffee can boost metabolism by 3-11%, and increase fat burning by up to 10-29% (Nih.gov, Nutrition.gov, Physiology.org).
80. Enjoy Small Amounts of High Calorie Treats: If you’re going to stick to your diet to lose weight fast, you’ll need to be able to enjoy some treats as well. Keyword being SMALL… For example, have a spoon full of ice cream on top of a bowl of fruit. Or enjoy tortilla chips with lots of chunky, filling fresh salsa.
81. Eat Cereal for Breakfast: Studies have found that people who eat cereal for breakfast every day are significantly less likely to be obese and have diabetes than those who don’t. They also consume more fiber and calcium- and less fat- than those who eat other breakfast foods like bagels, doughnuts, muffins, and so on.
82. Eat More Oats: Whole grain oats has many benefits to your overall health and also helps you feel fuller for a longer period of time than most breakfasts you can have. However, be careful with flavored oat meal because they can come with a lot of sugar that you don’t need.
83. Eat Fruit Instead of Drinking a Fruit Juice: For the calories in one kid-size box of apple juice, you can enjoy an apple, orange, AND a slice of watermelon! Additionally, by eating the fruit instead of drinking it, you’ll feel satisfied much longer than drinking the little box of juice.
84. Change Your Milk Type: If you’re an avid milk drinker, you can cut your calories down by about 20% by simply dropping down a notch in your milk. If you drink regular, go to 2%. If you already drink 2%, go down to 1% or skim milk. It may take some getting used to but you’ll save yourself several calories.
85. Go Full Fat: Although changing your milk type to skim milk may help you cut back on calories to help you lose weight faster, there’s something else to consider. According to a study of 26,930 people done by American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, people who eat a lot of high fat dairy products actually have the lowest incidence of diabetes. On the flip side, those who ate a lot of low-fat dairy products had the highest incidence of diabetes. So, switch to low-dairy products if you need to cut calories, but only for short term. For long term, it may be best to stick to full fat dairy products or in between.
86. Snack on Nuts: Research has shown that people who eat a moderate-fat diet containing almonds lose more weight than a control group that didn’t eat almonds. By snacking on almonds or other healthy nuts like walnuts or pecans, once or twice a day helps stave off hunger and keeps your metabolism up and running.
87. Sub in Nonfat Greek Yogurt For Mayo & Sour Cream: As far as tips on losing weight go, this may sound a little weird but it’s actually very good. You’ll not only cut calories but you’ll also be eating a healthier food option that’s high in protein!
88. Replace One Meal with a Large Salad: Of all the healthy tips to lose weight, this one is a great one to implement right away because you’ll start seeing the weight just come off of you. However, DO NOT over do it with the salad dressing. You want your salad to be mainly veggies and a lean protein source. Don’t add too much nuts, cheeses, or any other item that may greatly increase the calorie count.
89. Bake, Don’t Fry: Start learning about different recipes you can make from baking. It’s time to give up frying your foods. There’s also several delicious recipes that make use of crock-pots so go out and be adventurous by finding new and healthier ways of cooking. Here’s a good resource: FIXATE Cookbook: 101 Recipes of Healthy & Delicious Meals and Snacks
90. Get Most of Your Calories Before Noon: Studies have shown that the more you eat in the morning, the less you eat in the evening. Additionally, you have more opportunities to burn off those early-day calories. Whereas you may not make use of the calories you eat late at night.
91. Eat Dark Chocolate: Got a sweet tooth? There are many lose weight tips about curbing that sweet tooth but this one is a great one because dark chocolate contains less sugar and has energy boosting antioxidants. Another option several people have lost weight with and curbed their sweet tooth is by drinking Chocolate Shakeology. Shakeology tastes like a milk shake and comes with several nutrient groups that are lacking in most diets. Learn more about Shakeology here…
Exercise Tips To Lose Weight
About 80% of your weight loss is determined by what you place in your mouth. Although you can lose weight by just eating right, you’ll lose weight even faster when you include regular exercise into your routine. Plus, exercise will make sure that your body tones up and looks sexy!
92. Fit & Toned Bodies Come From Exercise: Yes, eating will help you lose weight. However, if you want a fit and toned body, you need exercise in your life as well. Many people have lost without much resistance workouts, however, they look like the Pillsbury Doughboy… all gooey and squishy. Get the toned body you desire and include resistance workouts into your weight loss routine.
93. Get Into a Routine: It takes 21 days to get into a routine. Your job is to schedule workouts every single week so that you know exactly when and for how long your workout will be.
94. Start Lifting: Most work out plans will include some form of strength building exercises because muscle burns fat! It’s that simple. Additionally, studies show that weight lifting can help keep your metabolism high, and prevent you from losing precious muscle mass while losing weight (Nih.gov, Nih.gov). You don’t need to lift heavy dumbbells to get the fat burning benefits. Simply use a light weight and do more reps until the muscle gets tired. This will build sexy, lean muscles which also burns calories! Muscle building exercises include: bicep curls, push ups, pull ups, tricep dips, lunges, squats, and so on.
95. Do Intervals: Out of all the exercise tips to lose weight, this is the most important because study after study has shown that doing interval training is more effective than doing long workouts that are done at a lower intensity (NyDailyNews.com). The best workouts to do at home that will scorch your fat away includes: Insanity, TurboFire, 21 Day Fix, and Insanity: MAX 30. See the Best Selling At Home Workouts Here…
96. Do Full Body Workouts: The best weight loss program will include workouts that make use of every part of the body. Remember, it’s impossible to lose weight in just certain areas of your body. You can’t do nothing but core workouts and expect to lose belly fat. You need every part of your body to be put to use. The most effective home workout routines will focus on different parts of the body on different days. For example, cardio one day, upper body another day, lower body another day, core another day, and so on…
97. Throw on a Hoodie Before Working Out: Your muscles stretch better and perform much better when they are warm. So get the most out of your workout and burn the most calories possible by having your muscles ready from the start.
98. Keep Your Body Guessing: This is one of the most effective ways to lose weight because the best at home workout will include variation every 3-5 weeks. You do this because sooner or later your body will get used to the exercise which means you’ll stop seeing weight loss progress. In order for this not to happen, you need to change your workout routine every so often in order to keep losing weight!
99. Move Around in the Evening: Following a good home workout plan in the evening is a great way to make sure you’re continuing to burn calories for a good 2 to 3 hours. This is important because many people’s metabolism slows down towards the end of the day. Which means your body may store your dinner as fat if it’s not used by your body right away.
100. Add 20 Minutes of Exercise Per Day: This is one of the top tips to lose weight, exercise. Your first priority is to get a great meal plan for weight loss and then also include some exercise into your life as well. This will help you burn more calories and to get a more toned and sexier body. If you don’t want to follow a weight loss program, you can at least take the stairs instead of the elevator, park at distance from where you’re going so that you can walk, take out your dog, garden, or even do more house cleaning. You don’t have to do a extreme workout but you do need to do some work.
101. Walk 45 Minutes a Day, Not 30: Many quick weight loss tips recommend 30 minutes of walking a day but that’s not entirely true anymore… If you’re not interested of staying in doors to do a at home workout, then going outside for a nice walk will do the trick. Research at Duke University found that 30 minutes of walking a day is enough to PREVENT weight gain, walking beyond 30 minutes results in WEIGHT AND FAT LOSS.
102. Walk Before Dinner: There are several tips for losing weight here and some are a bit contradictory… However, make sure to choose the best weight loss tips for you. In this study, obese individuals walked for 20 minutes before eating dinner. By doing this, they reduced their appetite and actually felt full as if they had eaten a small meal3.
103. Never Do Sit Ups: The majority of us want to get rid of our gut area, however, sit ups can do more harm than good. According to professor Stuart McGill, who is head of spine biomechanics at the University of Waterloo, sit ups cause damage to your spinal discs. Instead, you can work on your abs by doing exercises that work your entire body and especially your core. For example, squats work your legs and your core muscles.
104. Get a Online Weight Loss Buddy: One of the best ways to lose weight is to find a workout buddy that will hold you accountable. In a University of Vermont study, they found that having online weight loss buddies will help you keep the weight off. The researchers followed volunteers for 18 months. Those assigned to an Internet-based weight maintenance program sustained their weight loss better than those who met face-to-face in a support group3. Click Here for online Weight Support!
105. Find a Workout Buddy: Rather you have a online weight loss buddy or someone in person to workout with, the goal is to have someone to have you accountable for eating right and exercising. You’re actually 34% more likely to stick to your workout routines for weight loss when someone is right there with you because neither of you will want to quit on the other.4 Additionally, according to the American College of Sports Medicine, most people will exercise for an average of 34 minutes longer with a friend than compared to those who go to the gym on their own.
106. Schedule a Workout Date: A study completed by the JAMA Internal Medicine, followed 4,000 couple and found that people are more likely to stick to healthy habits like exercise when they team up with their partner. So invite your honey buns to go out for a Saturday morning run and then hit the showers together 😉
107. Wake Up Early To Workout: One of the best ways to lose weight is by getting your workouts done and out of the way. Many people normally come home tired and push their workouts into the next day and then the next and the next day. So, get your day started right and exercise first thing in the morning!
108. Buy a Pedometer: Don’t want to follow any workout routines to lose weight? Then try taking more steps in your day to burn calories. A average person will take about 2,000 to 3,000 steps a day. Adding another 2,000 steps will help you maintain your current weight and stop gaining weight; adding more than that will help you to lose weight! Click Here For the Best Pedometer to Buy
109. Create a Kick Butt Playlist: Music is a great motivator for pretty much everyone. Create your own music playlist that will get you moving from beginning to end!
110. Record Your Favorite TV Show: Once you record your favorite TV show, only watch it when you exercise! This way you have to exercise if you really want to see your favorite TV show.
111. Short Exercises are Better Than None: It’s better to have short exercises everyday than to have less frequent but longer exercises. Aim to do something that challenges you every single day for a few minutes.
112. You Don’t Deserve Food: Often people will exercise and then think they deserve a treat or deserve to eat more for doing a great workout. Don’t Think Like This! Instead, think that you deserve to be Healthy and Happy!
113. Change Your Happy Hour: Do you normally go out with friends or co-workers to get a drink or eat out? How about changing this time to doing something physical… like a simple walk, running, or even a exercise. Then go eat something healthy afterwards.
Odd Yet True Tips on How to Lose Weight Fast
Some of these tips to losing weight can be bit odd, yet they will be helpful in getting you to lose weight. Pick and choose the best tips that will fit into your lifestyle and start seeing the pounds just roll off!
114. Stare at the Color Blue: This is one of the craziest tips for losing weight, stare at the color blue by having blue plates, dressing in blue, having a blue table clothe, or do anything else you can do to have blue around you because the color functions as an appetite suppressant. Just think about it, have you ever seen a blue theme restaurant? On the other side, avoid red, yellow, and orange which have been found to encourage eating.
115. Eat in Front of Mirrors: One study found that eating in front of a mirror slashes the amount of food people eat by nearly one-third. You having to look at yourself in the mirror, reminds yourself of why you’re trying to lose weight in the first place. You can even place a mirror in your frig to help keep yourself accountable to yourself!
116. Place Your Before Picture on the Frig: Have your before picture on the frig, in the frig, or anywhere else where tempting food is so that you can remember what you’re trying to change. This will make you more conscious of making healthier choices.
117. Put Your Fork or Spoon Down Between Bites: When you’re eating, sip water frequently to give you a break in between bites. Or even tell a story to whoever you’re eating with in between bites. Unfortunately, your brain lags your stomach by about 20 minutes when it comes to feeling full. Meaning your belly will be full but you won’t know it until 20 minutes later. By eating slower, your brain will be able to catch up and let you know you don’t need any more food. Interestingly, some studies have shown that chewing slowly can help you eat fewer calories and increase the production of hormones linked to weight loss (Nih.gov, Nih.gov).
118. Open the Blinds in the Morning: What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?… If it’s hitting the snooze alarm, you better change it to opening the blinds and letting in sun light. Research published in the journal PLOS ONE, have shown that people who get direct exposure to sunlight in the mornings between 8am and noon reduce their risk of weight gain regardless of activity level, caloric intake, or even age. Researchers believe this happens because the morning sun helps to synchronize your metabolism so you burn fat more efficiently.
119. Close the Kitchen for 12 Hours: Once you’re done eating dinner, clean up the kitchen and then refuse to open the frig or snack on anything else in the kitchen. Tape up the drawers and lock up the frig if you have to. Don’t make it easy to find a snack after dinner. A University of Texas study found that by not snacking late at night, you could be saving yourself just over 300 calories!
120. Get Rid of Your Fat Clothes: This is a great healthy weight loss tip because you’ll want to continue living a healthy lifestyle that allows you to reach your weight loss goal. Once you start losing weight, get rid of your fat clothes by throwing them away or donating them because you don’t need them anymore!
121. Sniff a Banana, An Apple, or a Peppermint When You Feel Hungry: Although these foods are healthy, we’re not using them as weight loss foods you can eat. Instead, Alan R. Hirsch, M.D., neurological director of the Smell & Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago, found that the more frequently people sniffed a banana, an apple, or a peppermint; the less hungry they were and the more weight they lost.3 Of the 3,000 volunteers, they each lost an average of 30 pounds! Sounds crazy but try it out!
122. Spice Up Your Life: This is one of the best foods for weight loss! Eating hot peppers has been found to increase the number of calories you burn while at rest. Research has shown that capsaicin, a compound found in jalapeno and cayenne peppers, may increase your body’s release of stress hormones such as adrenaline, which can speed up your metabolism and your ability to burn calories2. Additionally, eating hot peppers may help curb your cravings!
123. Drink Green Tea: While Green Tea isn’t exactly a fat burning food, it is something that will help you lose weight. A study compared the metabolic effect of green tea (in extract) with that of a placebo, researchers found that the green-tea drinkers burned about 70 additional calories in a 24-hour period.2 70 calories may not sound like a lot, but when your goal is to burn 500 calories a day, this means you’re about 1/5 of the way there! Additionally, Green tea contains small amounts of caffeine, but it is also loaded with powerful antioxidants called catechins, which are also believed to work synergistically with the caffeine to enhance fat burning (ScienceDirect.com, Nature.com). So, drink Green tea and coffee 😉
124. Get a Fish Oil Supplement: One of the best foods for weight loss includes fish oil that contains both EPA and DHA. Research has shown diets with high amounts of omega-3 fats had significantly less body fat.
125. Take a Vitamin D & Calcium Supplement: Want to see some fast weight loss results? Then you got to check out this tip… A study in the Nutrition Journal supplemented a group of individuals with vitamin D and calcium and the results were startling. Just four weeks into the 12 week experiment, subjects who took the two nutrients lost two times more fat than the other group! If you don’t want want to take a supplement, greek yogurt has an abundant amount of both nutrients.
126. Take a Glucomannan Supplement: Glucomannan is a fiber and has been shown to cause weight loss in several studies. This type of fiber absorbs water and “sits” in your gut for a while, making you feel more full and helping you eat fewer calories (Wiley.com). And sudies have shown that people who supplement with glucomannan lose a bit more weight than those who don’t (Nih.gov).
127. Eat More Fiber: This is often included in many healthy weight loss tips because it’s so beneficial to losing weight and your health. Think of fiber like a sponge, fiber will absorb water which will help make you full and will help you control your weight in the long term (Nih.gov, Nih.gov). Get more fiber by eating more fruits, vegetables, and whole wheat grains. It’s recommended that you consume at least 30 grams of fiber a day.
128. Don’t Shop Hungry: If you go into the grocery store hungry you’re more likely to buy foods you’re not suppose to be eating. After all, junk food does look more tasty than carrots when you’re hungry.
129. Shop with a Grocery List: This is one of the best tips for losing weight… Write a grocery list! In a study done by the Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, of more then 1,300 people, they discovered that shoppers who regularly made grocery lists also purchased healthier foods and had lower BMIs than those who didn’t make a list before going to the store. Researchers believe that shopping lists help keep us organized and focused on what we need to buy so that we don’t go buying foods that will ruin our diet. Therefore, to stick to your weight loss program, make sure to create a grocery list before you go shopping!
130. Use the Self Check Out When Shopping: Are you prone to buying candy and other unhealthy treats that are normally at the checkout stand? Then you need to make use of the self check out counter. According to a study by IHL Consulting Group, impulse purchases dipped 32.1 percent for women—and 16.7 percent for men—when they made use of the Self Check Out kiosks. If you lack self control at the check out counter, check yourself out and you’ll get the extra benefit of a little exercise packing up your own groceries.
131. Brush Your Teeth After Every Meal: By having a clean and fresh breath, you’re cuing your mind that eating time is over. Plus, you’re less likely to want to eat something else after you brushed your teeth already.
132. Can’t Brush Your Teeth? It’s been found that people normally want to eat more sweets because the taste lingers in their mouth long after they have swallowed. Brushing your teeth is the best option to cleanse your mouth and to keep you away from eating too many sweets. You can also keep mints or breath mints on hand in order to cleanse your palate.
133. Sleep in the Cold! If you can take on the cold, this is an easy weight loss tip to follow… In a study published in the journal of Diabetes, participants spent a few weeks sleeping in bedrooms with varying temperatures: a neutral 75 degrees, a cool 66 degrees, and a warm 81 degrees. At the end of the study, those who slept at 66 degrees almost doubled their volume of brown fat cells, as a result they lost belly fat.
134. Don’t sleep with the TV On: Exposure to light at night may actually increase your weight gain, according to a study by the American Journal of Epidemiology. The study showed that the subjects who slept in the darkest rooms were 21 percent less likely to be obese than those sleeping in the lightest rooms. So turn off that TV and night light before you go to sleep!
135. Small Steps, Big Results: Remember, small changes add up to big results! Many coke drinkers have been able to lose 5 to 10 pounds fast from simply giving it up! See what you can change right now so that you can start seeing huge results in a few weeks.
136. Use a Calendar: Place a calendar where you’ll see it every single day. On this calendar mark off the days you workout and/or eat healthy. Possibly even use different colors for what you’re doing. Seeing evidence of your hard work will inspire you to keep going!
137. Push Back Breakfast: This is an odd weight loss tip to consider, but it’s backed with science. Instead of eating breakfast at home, consider eating later at your desk. This will reduce your “eating window”, the number of hours you spend each day grazing. What’s the point?… Sticking to a smaller eating window may actually help you lose weight, even if you eat more food throughout the day. This discovery was published in the journal of Cell Metabolism. Researchers created two groups of mice, both ate a high-fat, high-calorie diet for 100 days. Half of them were allowed to nibble throughout the night and day on a healthy, controlled diet while the others only had access to food for eight hours and could eat whatever they wanted. Interestingly, the fasting mice stayed lean while the mice who ate around the clock became obese, even though both groups consumed the same amount of calories! Even if you don’t push breakfast back, consider limiting how many hours a day you’re allowed to eat.
138. Have a Midnight Snack: I know we just said to shorten your eating window earlier, but hear me out. If you’re hungry late night then this causes more problems. For example, you may find it harder to fall asleep and you may feel extra hungry the following day. Here’s the best part about eating a midnight snack, by eating the right type of snack, you may actually boost your metabolism, which will help with weight loss. Registered Dietitian Cassie Bjork, stated the following: “The right snack can help keep blood sugars stable so the fat-burning hormone glucagon can do its job. I suggest pairing a natural carb with a healthy fat. Apple slices and almond butter, berries with heavy cream and carrots with guacamole all fit the bill.”
139. Guys, Eat with other Guys: This is strange, yet true. When eating out, researchers at Cornell University discovered that men will eat up to 93% more food when they dine out with women. This was discovered by observing 133 adults who were recruited at an all you can eat Italian buffet. Lead author of the study, Kevin Kniffin, stated: “These findings suggest that men tend to overeat to show off… Instead of a feat of strength, it’s a feat of eating.” Women on the other hand eat the same amount of food no matter who they ate with.
140. Dim the Lights & Play some Music: According to a study published in Psychological Reports, soft lighting and music leads to eating less and enjoying their food more. So, have a romantic supper every night 😉
141. Snuggle Up with Your Sweetie Pie: I’m sure you don’t need another reason to snuggle up with your sweetie pie but here’s a good one. Harvard Medical School researchers found that snuggling up, kissing, or straight out getting it on can help with weight loss. How?… The “lovey-dovey” feelings that get aroused when you’re intimate with your love one causes an in crease in the hormone level oxytocin, which in turn, decreases appetite.
Best Tips to Lose Weight: Side Tips
These last few tips on losing weight fast didn’t really fit anywhere else above, yet they are important to mention. These tips will not make or break you but you can still follow whatever you think is best for you.
142. Stay Busy: Find a hobby or find something else to do that you enjoy doing. Never eat simply because you’re bored and it’s something to do!
143. Don’t Skip Meals: All quick weight loss tips will tell you time and time again to never skip a meal. Most importantly breakfast. This is because your body can enter fasting at any time when you go too long without eating, which makes your body want to store fat. Skipping meals can also lower your blood sugar, which makes you ready to eat any junk food you can get your hands on in order to feel satisfied. Here’s a great breakfast option that will also help you lose weight, Shakeology
144. Eat Six Small Meals A Day: This is one of the most popular losing weight tips because by continually eating through out the day, you will keep your sugar level steady and your metabolism going through out the day! For some proof, a study conducted by the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics studied 2,385 adults, and found that those who ate less than four times a day consumed more calories and had a higher BMI than those who sat down to eat at least six times.
145. Eat 3 Fewer Bites of Your Meal: This is an easy way to lose weight… simply eat 3 less bites of every meal that you have. Don’t want to write down everything you eat, like you should? Then eat 3 less bites of your regular meals. This calorie saving tip will start adding up over time.
146. Have Set Eating Times: Try to eat at the same time every day, including meals and snacks. Of course, this can’t be accomplished every time but try it out. This way your body knows when to expect food, allowing you less time to graze on foods you shouldn’t.
147. Watch One Less Hour of TV: A study of 76 undergraduate students found that the more TV they watched, the more often they ate and also overate. More than likely you have a show you don’t really want to watch anyway. So go for a walk or do a home fitness program instead.
148. Sleep More: It’s been found that sleep deprivation can make you fat. This is because of two things. One, you may actually snack more at night and two because less sleep means a slower metabolism. Meaning you burn less calories during the day. Research has shown that that poor sleep is one of the strongest risk factors for obesity, being linked to an 89% increased risk of obesity in children, and 55% in adults (Nih.gov). Make sure to sleep at least 6 hours, with 8 hours being optimal.
149. Don’t Over Sleep! Yes, sleep is important to losing weight fast, however, sleeping too much can also cause trouble. According to researchers, late sleepers—those who wake up around 10:45 a.m.—consume 248 more calories a day, half as many fruits and vegetables and twice the amount fast food than those who set their alarm earlier. If you’re a late sleeper and need to work on this, simply set your alarm 15 minutes earlier every day until you get used to your new wake up time.
150. You Are Now a NEW Creature: When you decide to lose weight, know that you will no longer have the same lifestyle as before. As you’re losing weight, you will be creating a NEW and BETTER YOU. Which means you’re no longer the same Hungry Hungry Hippo you once were. Instead, you’re a lean, full of energy, and full of life!
151. Be In It For the Long Term: Losing weight fast is not always so fast. Depending on how much weight you need to lose it can take some time to reach your goals. However, according to a study published in Obesity Research, maintaining your weight loss requires less work over time. So put in the hard work upfront to get the sweet rewards later 😉
152. Remember It’s NOT All or Nothing: Of all the best weight loss tips, this is an important one to remember because we all feel like we need to be perfect but it’s not true. You will make a mistake, you will eat too much at times… However, you need to jump right back onto the bandwagon that same day. Don’t wait until later, just keep going!
- 21 Day Fix Review
- Creating a Weight Loss Vision Board
- 21 Day Fix Meal Plan & Containers Guide
- Return to Home Page